Problem porting map to sfm

squ1rrel

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 11, 2016
Decompressed my .bsp so sfm wouldn't crash when loading it but now there's 'glowing' graphical glitches everywhere (on anything that uses cubemaps)
Image: http://i.imgur.com/VP5RFIO.png

Also shows this:
*** Trying to set a pixel shader that failed loading!

Last edited:

squ1rrel

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 11, 2016
Worked for some parts but all the water still turns lime green the further I move away.. Its like the water lod goes crazy. (the bright glowing green bit on left side of screen shot). It also shows the snowy pine cluster sky cards for no reason now xD

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
You have to re-build the cubemaps. For some reason, even if they're already built in/by TF2, they don't seem to work on SFM.

Submit mat_specular 0 and later buildcubemaps in SFM's console.

You'll have to restart SFM afterwards, as the Primary Viewport will become glitched. Unlike in TF2, you don't have to build cubemaps 'for both LDR & HDR', nor set mat_specular back to "1" as it will be changed automatically after the restart.

One last thing to point out: ALWAYS move the map you want to re-build the cubemaps to "Source Filmmaker\game\tf\maps\", so it will create a fixed copy of the map in "\game\usermod\maps\". Otherwise it will look like it's building the cubemaps when it actually doesn't. You may later remove the map inside "\game\tf\maps\", as it won't be used by SFM.

Last edited:

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Yeah - you need to rebuild the cubemaps, except, SFM's buildcubemaps command is broken.

This bug is annoying.

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
Yeah - you need to rebuild the cubemaps, except, SFM's buildcubemaps command is broken.

This bug is annoying.
What do you mean by "broken"? I use that command every time I want to fix the glitched reflections, and I successfully do.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
It "works" but although it fixes the bug, the cubemaps it produces are sort-of corrupted. They don't look right.