Premuda

CTF Premuda B1B

Aug 19, 2008
But thats the weird thing :/
everything is set up like in youme´s prefab
when intel3 is caputred, it gets disabled and cap_3 gets disable, and that with every point....
i wouldn´t know what to do about that, any hints?

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Don't rely completely on prefabs :)

What I did with vector is set up a point_teleport underneath the first CP. When the first intel is capped, teleport it under the CP before disabling it.

SuperNerd

L2: Junior Member
May 13, 2009
hmmm, not working perfectly, lets say cp1 gets captured in overtime, it triggers the roundwin, although time has been added
any ideas?

Only reactivate the logic_winround (logic_trigger) after the flag respawns (15.01 seconds if using default timing).
That should give it long enough to figure out that there is more time.
Plus, have it stop the logic_timer countdown (Toggle or something).

I only thought that up in theory.

Icarus said:
That's not what I meant. Even on stage 2, capturing the first CP, the HUD still points back at spawn.

It's because the new flag hasn't been activated so it's telling you where the next flag will appear (and it thinks it's the last point)
You could try having:
With flag1
OnCapture > flag2 > Enable > Delay (0.01)
OnCapture > flag2 > Disable > Delay (0.02)

Therefore, making the HUD point to where the last flag was activated (at the new CP)

Last edited:

FLOOR_MASTER

L3: Member
Mar 10, 2008
We've run a1 on 2f2f several times over the past few days. Wins/losses appear to coincide with whichever team is stronger, so there aren't *major* balance issues. Stage 1 seems very solid, though the CP 1.1 building is slightly difficult for BLU to access (maybe widen the staircase leading up a bit, for starters?). Stage 2's second point is on the difficult side. It's very easy to lock down both entrances to the final area. The main entrance is very narrow and BLU doesn't have much of an opportunity to see what's around the exit. The side path (with the ramps) can be controlled with sentries/stickies/pyros, especially with RED's height advantage. I'm not sure what's best yet - I'll continue to observe gameplay and see if I can make better suggestions later, but I just wanted to make you aware of it.

Aug 19, 2008
i´ve build in another sidepath to cp 2-2 and made the top exit a windowed shack to prevent spamming from red and giving blu a more secure view on whats going on at the point, hope that helps with the issue, i´m also implementing more railings for less pit of deathness, althought honestly, i only fell once in on last gameday :)

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
Major moans: the HUD arrows are broke and point at the wrong point.

Also, too many pits of death. One pit in particular, on the inside of a cliff bend, near the first intel of the second stage, I fell into at least five times.

Yourself

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
So, after hearing about the intel trick, I decided to do something stupid.

flag_tests0000.png

flag_tests0008.png

Good times.

Aug 19, 2008
to even the odds, give the enemies 5 dispensers as backpack, oh, and one scout needs a teleexit on his back, so he can run ahead and be of great use to heavies who want to flank the enemies

Last edited:

SuperNerd

L2: Junior Member
May 13, 2009
I wonder how many sentries and dispensers you could parent to the one intelligence...

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
/me contemplates parenting his entire map to his intelligence to see the result.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
I played this map today and we ran into a problem where someone was permenantly being healed. I;m not sure exactly what happened but it seemed like we somehow ended the round while he was holding the intel and then the next round forward it was as if he was always wearing the intel with the health buff.

The intel still worked as normal and beyond this guy being hard to kill the map continued to function like normal. I will post the demo tomarow morning so you can see exactly what happened.

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
I played this map today and we ran into a problem where someone was permenantly being healed. I;m not sure exactly what happened but it seemed like we somehow ended the round while he was holding the intel and then the next round forward it was as if he was always wearing the intel with the health buff.

The intel still worked as normal and beyond this guy being hard to kill the map continued to function like normal. I will post the demo tomarow morning so you can see exactly what happened.

Why fix it? Leave it in for when there are no medics :p

Aug 19, 2008
thx angry

i´m well aware of that glitch
testing it locally, the dispenser-system worked like a wonder, but once the map got on the servers, it began to bug :/

i implemented another workaround of the dispenser-parenting, hope it will prove less buggy. coming with a2

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
We played this one last night. With the exception of the problem listed in my previous post, the map played pretty well.

The HUD seems a little wonkey. It works if you are holding the flag and it may work for the attacking team but it doesn't do anything for the defending team. The arrow seems to point off to nowhere.

The second point in the second stage was impossible to attack after the first round. It is really easy to SG turttle and since there are so many places to put SGs that cover eachother it would be very difficult to cap the flag without multiple ubers.

The map looks great as always. You have a great eye for detail and I am glad that at least one person waited until they had something they felt good about before releasing an alpha.