POLL: What is your Favorite Class Update?

What Is your Favorite Class Update

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
I was wondering that myself (about the scout update). It's seems pretty fucked up to vote for the scout update.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
I assumed from the thread we were only counting the new weapons, hence CLASS update. But I guess if we're going by everything included I'd vote Goldrush.

Shoomonger

Jul 8, 2009
I assumed from the thread we were only counting the new weapons, hence CLASS update. But I guess if we're going by everything included I'd vote Goldrush.

yeah, we're voting for everything (even the meet the... videos)

Grimes

L1: Registered
Jun 4, 2009
As much as I wanted to vote for the goldrush update I had to go with my gut and I voted for the Sniper vs. the Spy update. Aside from that minor hiccup of not unlocking weapons via achievements at first, I find myself enjoying both of these classes unlocks quite often these days.

The worst IMO was the scout update. For some reason that week that it came out I just wasn't having all that much fun trying to get unlocks. It didn't help that the number of scouts on a team was almost always above 5 the entire time, drastically throwing off the balance of attack/defend maps.

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
I really liked the medic update, primarily because how it updated the needle gun and bonesaw. Before those weapons really didn't feel like they added or synchronized with what the class was supposed to be, but now they really feel like they fit. While they are definitely not sidegrades, I believe the original weapons were below par and the upgrades fixed that imo.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Heavy update for me, Badwater is my favourite valve map and the sandvich was so hyped and lolable.
The pyro update is probably my favourite for changes to the class though, can't imagine playing pyro without an airblast :eek:

ratclaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 2, 2009
I'm voting for the sniper/spy cause that one got me into actually using those two classes. They're the only classes that I would refuse to play earlier in the game.

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
The scout update? That was the worst one

Goldrush, all the way. All the other class packs were basically fixing what wasn't broke

The Gentlemanne

Jun 18, 2009
Who the hell voted for the Scout update?

I voted for the "next updates" option. None of the updates have felt "complete" yet

someone who drank some Bonk and got hit by a sandman ball.

Feb 17, 2009
I voted for next updates, cause none of the previouse updates were perfect...

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
and its complete lack of chokepoints is something you don't see often.

The last corner? :lol:

I dunno about medic or badwater update.. Badwater is deffinately the best map, but the medic got the best weapons.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
The goldrush one by far:
- It was the first update (ofcourse there are bugs, dont blame valve)
- You had the unique situation of having only the same class in each server trying to get achievements and fail. Something youll never get later on again.
- New gamemode was added with a huge map
- Kritzcrieg (new tactic and uber targets that became usefull)

Also, the bad weapons of each update to me(over or underpowered):
Backburner - was a superweapon at that time, still overpowered by not nerfing it enough (W+M1 couse).
Sandvich - Useless. if there isnt a medic simply dont be a heavy as you wont survive anyway.
Bonk - quite useless, rarely any good situations as youll allways face sentry spam
Sandman - A stupid way to block ubers as it doesnt require risk and skill. And it even has a taunt kill... the normal bat deserved it more.
CnD - Camping spies... they were worse than W+M1 pyros as they somewhat slot waste.
Jarate - They get spammed just like the sandman except they hit much more often. They made pyros weaker except the W+M1 pyros as often you are dead before you can throw it.
Huntsman - As it is now... it can own most classes at 1 feet without any problems, a minimum range is required for it.
Razorback - it either should have its 20% speed loss or have the spy being able to swap weapons and attack with those instead after the stab. Now its too easy to survive against a spy with it which was allmost the only counter.

The ubersaw isnt overpowered. its stronger than its base weapon but its not overpowered as it does the same damage.
The blutsauger is overpowered but valve hasnt realized it yet by trying to kill some heavys with it on long range (as its not that hard), and then still... the medics that do that couse their team to lose anyway so they do get punished.

And in the next updates i except the following:
Food for the soldier... food=fail as has been proved twice
No good alternative for stickies and no nerf for them also... combined with demoman spam its even more fail.
Sentry spam
No very long stickyjump achievement (1000+ units) combined with killing someone with a bottle in it.

(yes, i can be whiny)

EDIT: a bit more info :p

Last edited: