pl_papyrus

PL pl_papyrus a4b

thysponge55

L1: Registered
Apr 3, 2018
pl_papyrus - Deep in the deserts of egypt, RED discover a tomb of Australium Gold! BLU want to destroy the cache!

Hello!! Another map on it's way!

This time a far more ambitious (my first try at a) Single Stage Payload Map.

I am super early into play-testing and getting feedback and nothing is finalised. I've done my texturing and detail to give a flavour of what the final map will look like!

The map features four seperate points spanning a large egyptian themed mining-HQ. Here's the story:

"On a long search through Egypts' tombs and pyramids RED discover a lost sphinx of the Pootis. Inside lies a bounty of gold and australium, used to make the infamous golden guns of the Mercs' dreams. BLU want to blow up the cache of gold, to prevent RED getting a much needed upper hand, but doing so could release the spirits of a long-forgotten past..."

Screenshots are included here:

First Point Defenders View

View attachment 138866

First Point Attackers View

View attachment 138867

2nd Point Approach

View attachment 138868

2nd Point

View attachment 138869

3rd Point Approach

View attachment 138870

3rd Point

View attachment 138872

Last Entry Point

View attachment 138873

Inside Last

View attachment 138874

Map Overview!

View attachment 138875

S.B. I am aware of some of the visual bugs, lighting errors and problems but I mainly wanted this play-tested by this cool community. All feedback is greatly appriciated!

Thanks! <3

Assets used:

Frontline

Freyja's Egyptian Assets
Oasis Event Asset Pack

Axzye

Oct 7, 2020
I think the lava in the overview might be a bit much in terms of theme, maybe replace it with a mining shaft.
The heavy sphinx is hilariously good.
The skybox looks great and is a nice contrast from other sunny desert maps.

thysponge55

Apr 3, 2018
Thank you!! I played around with the Lava mainly because of the lighting and particles it can cause, I could make it into a mineshaft that has dug too deep though. I'll tweak around with it :)

thysponge55

Apr 3, 2018
Changes:

-Fixed spawnroom logic
-Fixed Shutter Doors

-Updated BLU first spawn to be more fleshed out.
-Fixed most of the floor-seams.
-Added a new connector building towards C. (Suggestion from Niro)
-Updated the balcony-room on A Death Pit with smaller geometry and small packs.

-Packed+Repacked file to reduce file size.
-Added new health-kits towards C and C Ramp.
-Added Patches on mostly all the health packs (unless I wish to change them later)
-Updated Clip Brushes

Read the rest of this update entry...

thysponge55

Apr 3, 2018
A4 is finally released, with some big changes from a3! Please enjoy and read ahead for detailed changes, thanks for the continued support! <3

Change Log:

Entire Map:
-Repacked the map, for smaller file size
-Updated global enviroment lighting
-Updated map-logic for spawn-points

1st Point

-Blue have more of a built spawn, able to push from two doors easier and leave first slightly better.
-More cover added to first cart spawn.
-Added props on high ground to clutter defense abit.
-Detailed some lower ground towards 1st capture point.
-Expanded flank route, including more cover and a detailed egyptian connector.

2nd Point
-Added a blinking light, which will push RED spawn back when capturing 1st point, making for more even combat. (Preventing spawning behind the cart)
-Added a new high-ground route for Blue to push from.
-Added cover at RED 1st spawn to prevent spawn-camping.
-Added a new indoor connector, for BLU to use as a flank, or RED to defend 2nd point HQ from.
-Removed a ramp under dropdown, and added sandstone blocks to make high-ground slightly longer to reach for RED.

3rd Point
-Expanded cover, and changed the top of ramp.
-RED Spawn is covered with egyptian-themed tarp, and cart now rolls through a covered wooden-section. (All clipped hopefully right)
-Added a small new high-ground, allowing a new flank for BLU team when pushing to 3rd point.
-Fenced off the pillars, allowing for smoother encounters.
-Added sand displacements for height variation.
-Included a Miners Barracks sign, because I found it funny.
-Fixed clipping on C ramp.
-Added a new backwards spawn, in the RED Mining Valley section, allowing for easier holds than running all the way to 3rd from Final Point.

Final Point
-Added cover, cart bends and health-packs to the 3rd point, allowing for a more fast set-up outside last.
-Blocked up some of the water, and added an access point to both the sphinx's paw-sides, negating spam.
-Added direct line of sight cover and detail to the front of the sphinx.
-Added a new right-side entrance into last, preventing RED choke spamming to victory. (Thank you Sofa King for the suggestion)
-Changed lighting into last.
-Fenced off the ambassador/force-a-nature ledge, and clipped it accordingly.
-Removed wooden prop inside the shipping crate.
-Made the ghosts even scarier.
-Removed Herobrine.

Please note, final point is the last point that hasn't had much changes, and I still want to tweak how it plays and feels. More feedback/suggestions are super appriciated in discussion or comments.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ShadowMan44

Jul 16, 2021
Was the tfc red logo in one of the preview images supposed to be a reference to that Papyrus?