Oasis Event

PL Oasis Event RC3

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Oasis Event - It's Spooky!

Oasis Event is a 3 capture point single stage payload map in a brand new take on the egyptian theme. Featuring a brand new custom payload cart, massive new props, and new hazards! Jump into a iron-maiden-esque sarcophagus to release your inner skeleton that attacks your enemies AND teammates! Shoot the explosive canopic jars and explode your enemies with organ juices! Unleash the ancient Egyptian curse! Fun!

Contributors:
Map Layout/ Optimization/ Artpass: UEAKCrash
Artpass/ Theme Creation: Freyja
Sarcophagus/ Canopic Bombs/ : Pear
Payload Cart/ Skybox: SedimentarySocks
Sphinx Model: Jukebox
Various Model/ Map Textures: Blaholtzen
Particles: FissionMetroid

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
I feel that I am legally obligated to announce that this is pretty darn spooky. Horrifying

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
looks pretty good crash well done!
I wanna ask , I remember you talking about a custom boss, is that still a thing that you and your team are working on or was it scrapped?

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
looks pretty good crash well done!
I wanna ask , I remember you talking about a custom boss, is that still a thing that you and your team are working on or was it scrapped?
The boss idea was unfortunately scrapped. I think the fundamental idea I had for it was flawed to begin with, honestly, so we went for a boss-less design instead.

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
Is that a fucking Pyro-Sphinx?

Oh, that's spooky all right, knowing the Egyptians worshipped the WM1 God.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Is that a fucking Pyro-Sphinx?

Oh, that's spooky all right, knowing the Egyptians worshipped the WM1 God.
Nope, just a bad angle for the screenshot, plus the particles obscuring it a bit. The circular part at the bottom is a broken off chin piece.

RevolutionTeam

May 19, 2019
Well, looks like I know where I'm spending my free time this week.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
RC2:
Thanks to everyone who sent me feedback!
Fixed a large amount of visual bugs/ minor issues on the map.
Moved bookcase in building just past first cap, no longer sits in such a weird spot. This changes the gameplay and optimization of this area a bit, but I think it'll work out fine.
Added some detailing to the more sparsely detailed areas.
*POTENTIALLY* fixed the cart sticking bug, I didn't test it though, the carts "hitbox" should be slightly more accurate now, too.
Fixed sound looping bug that persisted between rounds.
Added nobuilds to some of the worst bushes/ candle clusters that could hide engy constructions.
Added a new particle to the sphinx's hat that appears after capture.
Added better collision meshes to construction lights.
Added new tile material to blue spawn room.
Added new custom (much larger) tent prop to the map, created by Freyja
Did some more optimization.
Adjusted some lighting all over the map.

Read the rest of this update entry...

RevolutionTeam

May 19, 2019
I hope this map gets in during Scream Fortress 2019 - that's how amazing this looks.

(And then it didn't.)

Last edited:

[LuNo] KimFareseed -TPF-

L1: Registered
Jan 30, 2016
Found that the little oversight with the lowered resupply locker in the second RED spawn from pl_oasis_b4 carried over. Posting it here in hope that it might get patched.
FB4D180EC23D70C97166C682BF8D04764535A324

The locker still functions after it has been lowered if a player stands over it, as well as working for both teams.

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
Found that the little oversight with the lowered resupply locker in the second RED spawn from pl_oasis_b4 carried over. Posting it here in hope that it might get patched.
FB4D180EC23D70C97166C682BF8D04764535A324

The locker still functions after it has been lowered if a player stands over it, as well as working for both teams.
Yeah this has been a thing for a lil while now. Shouldn't be too hard to fix so hopefully crash can get some free time to fix it.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010