ARENA Phantom B3

A spooky Halloween themed arena map

1. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    Phantom - What could be spookier than everyones favourite gamemode, arena, brought back from the grave!

A Halloween arena map with a spooky twist. If neither team wins after 60 seconds, portals open, leading players to an underworld where they can capture a control point to win the round

Screenshots:

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  2. GooGuGajoob

GooGuGajoob L12: Pro-crastinator

Positive Ratings:
    That mid would make an awesome mid for KOTH. I thought it was KOTH on first glance and thought that pyramid roof was a brilliant idea!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    Changelog for version A2

- The entire theme has been changed to better fit the changes to the layout of the map, which I think overall will be beneficial to the gameplay of the map

- Renamed the map from Silo to Phantom, this will probably become an event version, and silo will return later as a separate map

Now onto some actual changes:

The middle roof has been changed to better allow combat, with a tower in the middle to block sightlines, as well as give another entry point into the building

The right shack structure has been made smaller and lower, letting jumping classes get on top of it

The left area which previously had the container, is now a cliff with a death pit, as well as a small health kit placed on a risky platform

The middle building that houses the control point can now no longer be accessed until the point unlocks

The large buildings next to the spawns have been redesigned, removing the drop down exit and making the other exits more equally viable. The large windows have also been removed, reducing the large sightlines that existed across the map.

A small rock structure has been added to the yard area outside of the control point house to give the area a bit more height variation, as well as provide cover for the main entrances to the control point

A small shack has been added to the side routes to block sitelines and add variation to combat

The bridge connecting the buildings has been changed, and a new roof added to allow more space for combat, and provide cover to players exiting from the lower door

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kobolite

Kobolite L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    it's probably an alpha thing and it will probably be changed but why isn't there like a night time skybox?

5. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    Changelog for version A3

Lighting has been changed from day to night, this shouldnt hurt visibility but please let me know if it does

The gamemode has been tweaked, now instead of a control point unlocking after 60 seconds, portals will open around the map. As such the middle point has been replaced with a death pit, which a portal will appear in

The portals lead players into an underworld where the control point is located, upon entering the underworld players will have their health regenerated. As with normal arena, players can still win by either killing the enemy team or capturing the control point

This building can now be accessed and used as cover, and the medium ammo has been moved inside it. This shack also houses a portal which leads to a similar location in the underworld

More signs and markers have been added around the map to guide players, as well as overlays to indicate where portals open

Pumpkins have also been added. How spooky

6. Bunker Junker

Bunker Junker L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    The map runs and looks great so far, good work, although I'll miss the old Silo version.

I did noticed there is a window on one side, but not on the other. I know it's nitpicking but just letting you know. :^P

Attached Files:

• sss.jpg
      sss.jpg
      File size:
      82 KB
      Views:
    • s.jpg
      s.jpg
      File size:
      136.7 KB
      Views:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    The map is mostly detailed, still some stuff to fix up and improve on, but otherwise its coming along pretty well.

Thanks to @Exactol for the custom particles

Let me know if you find any bugs or whatever so I can fix em

Screenshots:

• Like Like x 4
  8. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    the map looks really cool bro!
    i am very excited on seeing it in action.
    (not sure if this would work) how about a koth version of this map?

9. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    i downloaded the map and ran around for a bit, and for this i have to say the follows : 20170926144126_1.jpg i this here you shoud add an invisible clip brush because i can get caught on this window very easily.

20170926144238_1.jpg
    this place right here is too dark in my opinion. keep the darkness to some areas but don't make them too dark - if that makes sense :p

20170926144251_1.jpg well, this one is a very minor thing but this pumkin is too bright.

20170926144332_1.jpg
    nice particlues for the underworld :p

20170926144351_1.jpg small clipping issue. and also about this area , i am not sure if thats a good idea but i was thinking maybe make the scout able to jump from this coffin to a small ledge and then up to the small floor above him.

20170926144419_1.jpg the portal looks really cool but i have a small complain about it. when i first got here i thought that i could jump to a portal and then maybe go back to the overworld but as a result i jumped to my death.
    maybe make the player not able to walk through the portal or something just to avoid these complains or something.

Conclusion: In my personal opinion i think the map is pretty good! it has some great ideas put on it and i am really excited to see how it plays and stuff. the main building which the portal appears when the clock ticks is really cool and very well thought , especially how you treated it on underworld.
    thats my opinion about my map and some feedback for you. i hope i helped you a bit.
    good luck with the map ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    Map is brighter, filesize is smaller, but most importantly spookyness has been increased!

-Swapped out ground textures and trees for more typical halloween sorta stuff, im not sure if I like it more or not.

-A new route has been added to the underworld to allow players entering from the portals in the buildings to access the roof level

-3D skybox improvements

-More detail

-Clipping fixes

-Other minor bug fixes and tweaks

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1