peak (working title)

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
Played peaks twice tonight. One pug was sort of stacked, the second was much more even and much more fun.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cuist7b0az3pfv

You can get caught by the pipe on the left of the scout and the small lip on the right of the scout when you're next to that wall, not sure if it's on both sides, though.

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
Saw the map on ETF2L yesterday, and i'm really impressed how it changed since last time i've played it, a whole year ago! Really nice changes, wouldn't mind testing it in comp.

Languid

Oct 9, 2009
Saw the map on ETF2L yesterday, and i'm really impressed how it changed since last time i've played it, a whole year ago! Really nice changes, wouldn't mind testing it in comp.

sadjhdkadn drinking instead of mapping and promoting my maps, how foolish. I would love love love you if we could chit chat and plan that. I will add you on steam or something, kk?

Languid

Oct 9, 2009
Oh no, waxypax has already had me blagging at him and exhausting his goodwill. I thought Tech was suggesting he had contacts or whatever within the euro scene, which has been somewhat uninterested by my map so far.

cooletom

L1: Registered
May 26, 2011
We're currently running your map in a 4v4 koth cup. I'll add u to talk about the feedback + when the casts/games are so u can check it out

cooletom

May 26, 2011
As promised some feedback~ Still some stuff I'll need to show u & talk to u about cause it's too much to write down :3

Ammopack%20mid.jpg

Put at a small ammopack here or remove the small one in shithouse and put a medium one here. Small healthpack would be awesome for demoman rollouts but there would be too many healthpacks around then probably.

SpawndoorsToHouse.jpg

HousedoorsToMid.jpg

I think it's probably best if u change that area from 2 separate rooms to 1 bigger room. The far left side is completely useless, apart from the occasional scout flank. (and even then, going from middle house -> valley -> shithouse is much much better) Making it into 1 room would make it possible to easily move to the other gate when a push is going to fail early/u get spammed out. Atm it's also way too easy for a team holding on the little roof (or even on the logs) to spam out any team that pushes from upstairs (and a team that tries to push shithouse is just stuck in a death trap) Making the doors a bit wider and larger would soften the spam a little bit. Anyway there's a lot of possibilities for making this area better and I'm starting to forget what I had in mind by typing this wall of text :D We'll talk more in steam.

GateToValley.jpg

Main problems here are 1) U get spotted 30 years before u get to the enemy 2) If you need to fall out (cause of spam or w/e), u have to keep on pushing here cause getting to another route to mid takes 30 years as well.

Had 2 changes in mind that'd probably work rather well, but Can't really explain it here without using 50 screenshots and producing another wall of text. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to show u in-game so once again, we'll talk in steam~

Cheer(io)s, Pinky

Last edited:

Languid

Oct 9, 2009
You all have my love and i hope to hell you like these new test changes cause otherwise i dont know what to do

lR9hi.jpg

mWs27.jpg

PHQdZ.jpg

cooletom

May 26, 2011
new house looks sweeeet.
Don't know what the meaning of that block next to the entrance on the left is + the right exit of the left side (defender's pov) could lose the see-through bit.
Great changes :> (+ more ammoz at mid pretty please)

cooletom

May 26, 2011
Here's the demo of yesterday (scout pov again): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11536365/20110911_2041_koth_peaks_b6_test_anime_toby.rar

U get stuck if u walk up this ramp hugging the wall:

+ Our soldier was saying the area between the exit from house (top floor) & the fence is a death trap (too easy to bomb into without it really being possible to get countered). He suggested adding a roof (which would just make it more of a death trap imo) or remove the fence (which would need playtesting). If u remove the fence it might be an idea to move the left gate (defender's pov) to the side of the white block u added (so u come out sideways = safe'ish from spam without the need for a fence to block ). If u do remove the fence, maybe re-add a way to get from there to the top of the shack.

+ The bottom exit from house to mid really needs a solid, non see-through fence. We were considering pushing there a couple of times (not sure if it was in the demo that I uploaded or not), but we got spotted & spammed out instantly.

Last edited:

Sebi

L2: Junior Member
Aug 13, 2011
I didn't even read the thread, but the first thing tat popped into my mind when i saw the screenshots was: "Isn't this environmental light a bit bright for this skybox texture?"

Mar 23, 2010
this map is too dark pretty much everywhere and i get stuck on everything. quit drinking plz.

Spacek531

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2012
That point looks way too much like badlands to me. Also, what is that cave-thing in the background of the first image?