Panic

PLR Panic b2

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Seemed solid to me. Detail that mofo up then release beta 1. ;)

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Gameday bump

Stage 3 seemed to be more fun with the new, slower carts.
Thoughts on the map so far? Now is the time to speak up if you dislike something, the deadline is coming up and I'm not going to make last minute changes.

It played very well, i havent played this in the past few versions. But the first and second stages are a ton times better.

As for the third stage the slower karts are good, but it seems that they dont role back much, and pretty much impossible for it to go all the way back off the cliff anymore.

I like the idea of that but it was to easy for it to role back. Maybe find the happy medium or something.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Team_Fortress_2-2009.10.11-17.55.31.jpg

Team_Fortress_2-2009.10.11-17.56.04.jpg

Need to add some more things to the red side still but yeah.... That's what stage 2 looks like now.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
awesome

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
TPG, do you have a whole list of those? :p

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Not sure about the windows with the blue/white gradient but apart from that it looks nice. :)

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Thanks for all the comments, didn't expect such a huge wave of posts.

Would you like me to do a health/ammo critique run through Panic like I did for Nightfall?

That would be incredibly helpful. Especially for stage 3!
I'm quite happy with the item placement in general at stage 1 and 2, but I would love to hear what the players opinions are :)

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
I was planning on doing a final sweep on all the contest maps before the end of the contest. If you've seen what I've done in other detailed maps, I go through a map on my own and find any rocket jump exploits, playerclip fails, displacement fails, misaligned props, weird lighting, etc. and provide screenshots of it all.

I was planning on doing it as soon as a new version of your map was released, but now that I notice there are only 15 days left, I didn't want to find out that a map was updated, go through it, and then find out that since there are only x days left, a new version wouldn't be submitted to the contest, thus my work not as useful as it could be (that is, I'm implying that you will finish your map even after the contest).

So message me on Steam (my name is littleedge), find me in the chat (between 3 and 9 pm ET), pm me here, or reply in this thread if you want me to go through your map in the current version, or do it in your next version. Or if you don't want me to go through it at all, and anything i come upon in a Gameday is enough.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I have alpha 9 coming anyday now.

Any gameplay suggestions? I've basically been detailing like a madman the past days and haven't changed any cart settings at all...

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
I have alpha 9 coming anyday now.

Any gameplay suggestions? I've basically been detailing like a madman the past days and haven't changed any cart settings at all...

Increase the chance of the kart being able to fall all the way back. Now it doesn't move right away and rolls slower. Unless you team is absolutely horrible it seems that will never happen (lost by kart rolling off the cliff) I like that aspect, fun and original. But this is just what i noticed from the last beta.

Other than that happy detailing.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
If you need a quick test I can put up my server and we can get some testers

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Increase the chance of the kart being able to fall all the way back. Now it doesn't move right away and rolls slower. Unless you team is absolutely horrible it seems that will never happen (lost by kart rolling off the cliff) I like that aspect, fun and original. But this is just what i noticed from the last beta.

Other than that happy detailing.

This is so difficult to get right.
And I've tried many settings by this point. Too slow rollback = boring and unthreatening, too fast rollback = instant lose.

It largely depends on how the teams chooses to play. I would like to promote assaults on the enemy cart more, but I dont really have any ideas on how to do it.

In any case, thanks Sgt.S, the more opinions I hear the easier it will be to make descisions!