Outback

Outback rc4

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
That is a good idea, but you moved, or are going to move red spawn right? Its very easy for red to defend with a such close spawn they can push back on blu easily, and if blu manages to move kart up close then blu just camps red and red cant do anything. I like what you did with that spawn, but you either got to move the point back or move the spawn, especially if you are moving the point farther up, that would mean red would spawn behind the kart.

Jamini

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2008
The sheer number of alternate routes on this map coupled with the very close-quarters setting make it a wet dream for spies and pyros. I can't count the number of times I was able to get behind BLU and simply take apart their team as a spy. However, aside from that it still felt like a solid map. Very goldrush/badwatery.

The last point was very cool. :)

runtime

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
Swaty are you kidding me? If you do move it up RED spawn *has* to be moved.

You can't put the RED spawn in front of the cap point. That's absurd!

If you insist on leaving the spawn there then I think if anything the cap point needs to be moved.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
The sheer number of alternate routes on this map coupled with the very close-quarters setting make it a wet dream for spies and pyros. I can't count the number of times I was able to get behind BLU and simply take apart their team as a spy. However, aside from that it still felt like a solid map. Very goldrush/badwatery.

The last point was very cool. :)

Thanks, you are the first person that I heard in game during the game day that said that the ending doesn't look like badwater, most people say that it looks like badwater.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Thanks, you are the first person that I heard in game during the game day that said that the ending doesn't look like badwater, most people say that it looks like badwater.

It has the same textures and maybe a similar idea. But gameplay wise its very different from badwater and is maybe a little easier for the blu team. I love the layout of the last point on badwater and railroad, they are different enough for me to play both maps without getting bored.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I'll be honest with ya; this map, I do care for it.

I think it plays well; yes- yes it does!

Push the Cart
Kill the Defense
Have a plan to bomb every base you see.

Heheh. Nice map, I really approve of it.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I'll be releasing b8 soon but I've decided to change the name of the map to pl_winnebago instead because the name railroad was ODD in some way.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Eww, winnebago is even worse than railroad.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
The name railroad is so common and I think there are other people who made maps with the same name, I searched railroad on fpsb and 5 maps showed up with that name.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
hmm not clicking for me but i am good with anything its the map thats the gem,

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
BETA 8 IS OUT, CHANGED THE NAME OF THE MAP TO WINNEBAGO.
Change Log from b7 to b8

b7 to b8 changes:

-Fixed a few visible nodraw spots in the map.
-Fixed some displacement problems near the 1st red spawn.
-Fixed some places where players would get on the windows of the 1st red's spawn.
-Fixed a place in the 1st red spawn where engis would build in the spawn.
-Clipped some stairs to make it easier for players to get up the stairs.
-Improved performance via func_occluder.
-Fixed a problem with cubemaps.
-Clipped a lot of buildings that players were getting stuck on.
-Made the 2nd part of the map a bit smaller after the 1st point.
-Added a bridge after the 3rd point.
-Prop optimization.
-Added more details around the map.
-Fixed a case where pyros would kill players through the gates of the first spawn.
-Fixed the doors not closing after capping the 1st point for the 1st red spawn.
-Added a door after capping the 1st point preventing the red players from going back to the spawn.
-Redesigned a few buildings.
-Changed the name of the map to Winnebago.

jsgbqf.jpg

2rcs9ox.jpg

5kj7v5.jpg

4txdm8.jpg

vpkw0n.jpg

28s31gm.jpg

2n0snk6.jpg

t89928.jpg

555rok.jpg

2mecww1.jpg

f42r6h.jpg

firething11

L1: Registered
Aug 7, 2009
I think everything looks great, especially the road from Meet the Sniper, but the Headshot sign was on the same side as the FOAD sign.

DontWannaName

L3: Member
Jan 12, 2009
Found a few bugs on the map, its kinda hard for red to defend any point other than the last. Reds 2nd spawn room was very confusing since I think the signs were messed up. People complained about the sounds/boxes that say you are now attacking and the cart is getting close and sounds like that being backwards, maybe the red sounds are heard on blue and visa versa, might need more investigating.

1. Do not enter sign was on the door when we were suppose to go through it, red first spawn.

2. Rubble from explosion came into spawn room.

3. Theres a white line on the left, I got a bad pic of it but its there.

4. I seem to get caught on that part of the door area.

The map is very large and its kinda empty at parts, keep adding to it, currently its very easy for blue.