Oh hey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by spaceyoshix, Sep 17, 2008.

1. spaceyoshix

spaceyoshix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Recent demand for a private server and some custom maps for my forum has got me into the map making business. Hopefully I can do it with a little help from this place.

So, hi.

EDIT: Oh and can anyone direct me to whatever program I should be using to make said maps? It would be appreciated.

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome :)

The program used to make maps is called hammer. You will need to download the SDK through steam, its under the tools tab.

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    welcome, once you've got running with hammer and the SDk check the link in my sig

4. spaceyoshix

spaceyoshix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Woo, I was sort of expecting to get flamed for asking shit in my first post.

But ya, I found hammer and even made a test map. My spawn points aren't working though so I'll be checking that tutorial link you got there.

5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    The spawns are pretty tricky to set up. It was one of the last things i got set up properly in my map. So if its any consilation i wouldn't be too worried; you'll get it down eventually :)

For more direct and quicker help responses feel free to check out the steam group Team Fortress 2 Mappers.