Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
8 point PL. Someone get on that.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Community Requests is always "What TF2Maps asked for"

Good Update, a lot of these things have been needed..

Washipato

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
Added server ConVar "bot_crouch" to make bots crouch
trwalkwayrc20027.jpg

I love valve

And we are going to give more uses to this little convar

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
Community requests

Added new "func_flag_alert" entity that fires an alert when a player carrying a flag starts touching the entity

Added model override for item_teamflag entity

Added ability to turn off particle trail for players carrying the item_teamflag entity

Updated team_train_watcher to support 8 cp/track links (was previously 4)

LOL Dam forum I can't post anymore in this thread.

<3 Eric Smith. My requests about the item_teamflag got though :3

ss20091012195008.png

Wegason

L3: Member
Aug 16, 2009
Fixed a rare crash in particle system

I take it that isn't fixing the particle issue? Seeing as the particle problem isn't rare, it affects everyone.

Valve really need to fix the custom particle problems, its killing a lot of great custom maps.

Barracuda

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2009
Any documentation for the new func_flag_alert? I mean, the change log sounds like: "We got a new entity for you, go find out what it does and how to use it!"

Anyway, good to see that Valve answers our prayers. Still wondering if and when they fix the broken func_rotating. :rolleyes:

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I take it that isn't fixing the particle issue? Seeing as the particle problem isn't rare, it affects everyone.

Valve really need to fix the custom particle problems, its killing a lot of great custom maps.

No, that must be the fix for the crash I sent them about. Particle editor corrupts PCF files and the whole thing crashes if you add a child.

Last edited:

ratclaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 2, 2009

Wait, what, why?

Is valve planning something with the bots?

On another note, for those currently in college, how do you balance tf2 time with classwork? I get almost no time for mapping or testing since the only time there is open bandwidth on the network is on the weekends when everyone goes home.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Its under community requests, there are people crating custom bots, i think its for that.

Valve also included the A/D CTF hud in an update, did they make such a map? no.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Any documentation for the new func_flag_alert? I mean, the change log sounds like: "We got a new entity for you, go find out what it does and how to use it!"

You can dump this into the FGD in sdk\bin\orangebox\bin
Code:
@SolidClass base(Targetname, TeamNum, EnableDisable, Toggle) = func_flag_alert : "Alerts are triggered when an enemy carrying a flag starts touching the area (or any player for an area with no team)."
[
	playsound(choices) : "Play alert sound" : 1 : "Play the sound when the alert is triggered." =
	[
		0 : "No"
		1 : "Yes"
	]

alert_delay(integer) : "Delay between alerts (in seconds)" : 10 : "The amount of time between alerts being triggered (per team). Will only re-alert if flag changes carrier or leaves and reenters."

output OnTriggeredByTeam1(void) : "Sent when RED triggers the alert."
	output OnTriggeredByTeam2(void) : "Sent when BLUE triggers the alert."
]

Add it into my FGD if you have it, because you cannot edit the default FGDs as they get overwritten every time you launch the SDK.

I'm still trying to get info on all the other features before I release an update to my pack.

edit: ah ha! I found a way to discover new keys when they add them. :D update shall be out after I test the features.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2008
i´ve switched back to the original fgd for testing reason, but i can´t find any new options on the flag, how do i exchange the model?

i´ve already refreshed the sdk content, still no change :(

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Maybe you just need to replace the model with by placing a custom one in the models folder, or later include it in the map? Not sure though.