New Showcase Maps! Keikoku, Skyward and Edifice!

Discussion in 'Featured News' started by Fr0Z3nR, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Congratulations to Aly, EArkham and Deer for having their maps selected to be part of our Mapping showcase!

If you aren't familiar with these three TOTALLY AWESOME maps, don't fret. Check 'em out below!

[​IMG]
    Keikoku, By Aly

Keikoku is a upward themed 2CP gorge map. The extensive paths-along-deathpits and long sightlines, provides a unique, yet, balanced style of play that hasn't been seen in many maps. This in conjunction with its rock solid Upward Theme detailing, the map was a solid choice for the showcase.

[​IMG]
    Skyward, By EArkham

Skyward is a Foundry/Industrial King of the Hill map. This map has a solid, simple and easy-to-follow layout that provides complex and exciting gameplay, suitable for casual and competitive players alike. Skyward nails the foundry theme, even improving it a bit in some places.

[​IMG]
    Edifice, by Deer

GPit Style maps have fallen out of place in the TF2 mapping community, so it's good to see a solid map of the gamemode make its way into our showcase. Each point provides an interesting and fun multi-layered feel to the gameplay. The aesthetics is pleasant and well developed for the alpine theme.

Congratulations again to these three talented designers.

If you've submitted your map for placement in the showcase thread, but we haven't gotten back to you, don't worry! There's a bit of maps we need to go through. Also, lets face it. Us staff members are NOT the quickest of people.

• Thanks Thanks x 15
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. RubbishyUser

RubbishyUser L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just want to say that the default screenshot command is F5 for jpeg anyway, so that command tip most likely does nothing unless you already rebound it. I did learn about the quality of the image though - great!

3. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    You're in the wrong thread Rubbishy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. phi

aa phi For Whom The Sorrows Sing

Positive Ratings:
    COOL

So it's still ok to update the map once or twice, right? Never been showcased before so I have no idea. I'd like to put out a cp_edifice_final or a indefinitely final RC, is that alright to do? Thanks for showcasing Edifice. I'm glad it at least ended up somewhere. (next up is sunshine get ready for rc3 folks)

5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I don't see why not. I plan to release a rc2 of keikoku sometime too.

6. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Yup, you are more than welcome to update the map.

7. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    How do maps get added to the showcase anyway?

8. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    can't wait for sandstone/pro

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. m@lle

m@lle L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Good to see them be showcased. I think we will honor them too, in the next CustomMapEvening on schlachtfestchen.de!

See you!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    You submit your map here. People can chat about in the threads and the event staff will host some tests where we play them and evaluate them with everyone. If we feel like your map is showcase worthy (for various reasons) and the community agrees too, it moves forward. We're pretty critical on things and if you don't get it in, we'll provide some feedback.

11. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    What's the point of asking to be in the showcase tho ?

12. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Because it's easier for us than guessing what should be tested to get in. Leave it up to thee mapper to decide if they think it's up to par and then we'll judge from there.

13. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    I think I might update sandstone before submitting it for the showcase, the pro version is ready (which I wont enter because I'm updating it constantly due to pro-scene) but the regular version does have some issues that the pro version fixes (I plan to fix these in the regular version) In other words NOV 12, i'll probably resubmit it.

14. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    Then i also wonder if its possible to see if your map ever had been tested and was rejected. I know for example that mvm tests are very rare to happen. And if such map has flaws it would be welcome to know it has (so even if the post doesnt contain any feedback i would be able to ask for it). And im especialy curious because i did submit an mvm map in that.

If you add 1 line like "Tested and approved" or "Tested and rejected",or maybe even just "Tested". It also logs which maps still need testing on it. When someone created a new version they again could just remove the line of text or post a new version.

15. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I went in order of submitted, but I'll admit to having skipped your mvm map as I never play that mode and I'd be a terrible judge of it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014