My map does some...strange stuff

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
** Command: "c:program filessteamsteamappskirderf22sourcesdkbinorangeboxbinvbsp.exe"

Erm, there are no slashes in your directories?????

Unless that's just how it came out in the code box from copy and paste or something?

What do you have written in these boxes:

hamscrn.jpg

?

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Erm, there are no slashes in your directories?????

An unfortunate side effect of some of the posting process of this website put
Code:
 tags around the directory/compile logs and it wont take them out (I think)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I thought it might.. and the fact that it worked before means that it probably wouldn't be anything he hasn't changed.. oh well.

I couldn't see anything wrong with the log either :/ other than the obvious cubemap error that isn't really detrimental to the gameplay..

Let us know how it goes when you fix the cube map issue.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I don't feel like testing it today (it takes aaages), I'll let you know tomorrow or something. At least, thanks for trying, everyone.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the lack of slashes is a forum bug. I thought it looked weird as well, it never shows up like that in the actual compile log (I'm pretty sure I'd remember it).

EDIT: I think I've got a solid theory here!

Something that I completely forgot to mention is that when I test my map, I also immediately start as a BLU Scout. If you're familiar with the commentary editor, you'll know that this also happens there. My theory is therefore that my map starts in commentary editor state! I'm not really surprised, since I tried adding commentary to this map when the editor came out (just as a test), but it ended up crashing when I tried. Somehow, I guess this made my map buggy.

Maybe I should just email Valve?

Last edited: