MVM Tutorials ?

TRIGH

L1: Registered
Jun 8, 2020
I've been mapping for almost 2 months now and wanted to know if there's anything on how to setup a MvM map? I've only seen a 4 year old video about it so I wasn't sure if it was the exact same way today or if there were ways to make it easier ? Anything could help really, thx.

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
Generally even tutorials made from back in 2008 are still gonna be the same way things are done now, it's not like hammer is being updated. Anyway, I know there are certainly a lot of guides on how to create MvM missions, but the amount of guides on maps is.. low, to say the least. There's this steam guide which can help you understand how it works, but i'd recommend loading up the mvm_example.vmf map within hammer, which is essentially a valve-made tutorial for mappers to show how MvM maps are made.
The steam guide says to use mvm.tf, but that's a bad idea. Read this guide instead for making missions.

And this is my own opinion, but MvM is one of the hardest and most complex gamemodes to map for, and I don't think 2 months of expirience is enough unless you also have expirience with programming, as the amount of logic entities used in mvm is.. overwhelming.

TRIGH

L1: Registered
Jun 8, 2020
Yeah I was expecting it to be above my level tbh but still wanted to know more. Gonna keep the links tho thank you!