Multiple prop_dynamics are changing position during compile

Jul 5, 2016
I have a bunch of prop_dynamics to create a roller coaster in the skybox. The tracks are aligned in hammer, but in game they are misaligned. However, they work perfectly fine when they are prop_statics. Why are the prop_dynamic track models changing their position during the compile?
This is how they look in hammer:
upload_2021-4-9_23-46-46.png

This is how they look in game as prop_dynamics (doesn't work):
unknown.png

How they look in game as prop_statics (works):
upload_2021-4-9_23-54-43.jpeg

Jul 5, 2016
I think I fixed it by nudging each prop individually so now they are misaligned in hammer, but aligned in game. Sauce engine moment.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Well if the props are in your 3d skybox, keep in mind that the 3d skybox is (by default) 1/16th the size in-game as it is in Hammer. This also means the position of every track relative to every other track is reduced by 1/16. My guess is that this was caused by the tracks not being in the correct position in the first place due to improper skybox construction.

Jul 5, 2016
I opened the vmf up with notepad++ and the models have the same exact integer z coordinate. Also the scale for the skybox in this map is 128x. I think its just some weird position clamping thing for dynamic props, since they maintain their position as static props.