Muertos (Kong King Event)

KotH Muertos (Kong King Event) b2

Malachite Man

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 16, 2015
Maybe have something to do with the land of the dead and maybe you scatter sugar skulls around the map.
sugarskull.jpg

TAVRAX

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2014
Hey, me again. I played the map and I am quite enjoying it (especially the block bullets), but I just have a question.

Players who die during the curse are respawned in the underworld and receive a buff upon escaping

How long is the curse anyway? When playing the map, it felt like soon after the skeletons stopped spawning, every time I died I was still spawning in the underworld. For all I know, it could've just been the random nature of it all and there is no problem, but I figured I would mention it nonetheless.

Keep up the good work as usual.

Jul 26, 2015
@Egan @Malachite Man I was planning on decorating the underworld with sugar skulls and fiesta banners (I'm in the process of making them right now) but now I'm wondering if maybe I should decorate the overworld like that as well.

@TAVRAX The curse should last for about one minute. You can tell when the green vortex in the sky goes away.

Malachite Man

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 16, 2015
@Egan @Malachite Man I was planning on decorating the underworld with sugar skulls and fiesta banners (I'm in the process of making them right now) but now I'm wondering if maybe I should decorate the overworld like that as well.

@TAVRAX The curse should last for about one minute. You can tell when the green vortex in the sky goes away.
well i think that would be cool and give a new vibe to the underworld.

Jul 26, 2015

Jekyllson

L3: Member
Jun 20, 2015
Looks like this map won't be done in time for this year's Scream Fortress. That's a shame, because this is a truly fantastic concept for a community-made Hallowe'en map, and I was hoping to play it this year at Scream Fortress. Still, at least you'll have plenty of time to perfect it!

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
You where talking about not knowing what else to add during today's playtest so I looked up some images of what you can do. Really just google day of the dead to see the kind of stuff that would help you decorate the map so it feels less empty and more seasonal. Remember that The day of the Dead is a celebration and more of a party than Halloween's horror and spooky theme, so lots of color and lights n junk.

75b30e045dc1de16db3b367dfe740e04.jpg

801-121.jpg

8025812c6aedd63c1d20b0147b9dde4b.jpg

Jul 26, 2015
- Changed frequency of skeleton spawning when point is capped from 1/5 to 1/4
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to enter the enemy team's spawn room
- Added nobuild zones in front of the saloon doors at spawn
- Fixed various lighting glitches
- Added some more detailing and Halloween props
- Repacked bsp with a navmesh

Read the rest of this update entry...