1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Moving Grid

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stack Man, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Stack Man

Stack Man L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So for a while I have been moving the grid views using the scroll bars, or zooming out and then in to where I need to look.

I was wondering if there is any way to move the grid views akin to clicking and moving my mouse to move it.

2. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    You can use shift + space + Left Mouse to move around the grid

3. dryerlint

dryerlint L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think Shift is necessary; just hold down the spacebar and you can pan around with your mouse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    lol, dont know where I got that idea from

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. samjooma

samjooma L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You can use the arrow keys to move the view that your mouse is on, or press space and then click.
    One useful shortcut that I use all the time is ctrl+e, which centers all the 2D-views on the object that you have selected, also if you press ctrl+shift+e it centers the 3D-view on the object you have selected.

6. Stack Man

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, ok. Thankyou.
    I was trying to use shift+left mouse like I do in other programs.

7. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Shift is already being used to quickly copy+paste objects. You can make a whole row of copy-pasting by selecting a thing and then holding shift + any arrow key.

8. Stack Man

Positive Ratings:
    oh yah, I've been doing that this entire time. Why would I ever think shift would even work XD