More Vehicles

More Vehicles V6 Fix

FGD5

aa
Jul 18, 2016
FGD5 updated More Vehicles with a new update entry:

Big OVERHAUL update

This one has been a while in the making, its taken quite a long time as I've worked on it off-and-on over the past 2 years, also because I'm lazy but no matter. This update has (nearly) every single model redone and all textures improved as well as adding some new models. Far too many changes to list each one but the most notable being:

- All models now use normal maps properly
- The old Executive model is gone and replaced with a new facelift
- All cars have fancy trims and other body...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
- All LODs have been redone by hand instead of being made automatically
Much appreciated. Loving the new cars too, although shouldn't the "checker" one have actual checks on its taxicab-yellow skin? I assume that's what it's meant for.

FGD5

aa
Jul 18, 2016
Much appreciated. Loving the new cars too, although shouldn't the "checker" one have actual checks on its taxicab-yellow skin? I assume that's what it's meant for.
Thanks for the support! Checker cab will be released later on at somepoint, I had to cut it out of this update as it was just taking too long and much like the police car and fire truck, I was stuggling to come up with branding and logos. But don't worry, it will be out eventually

1678037951542.png

Miki

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2022
Thanks for still updating these for so long, I've used them in my maps since you started and I enjoy using them. Not to segue into a request (it's not too much of an issue, really), but I do wish the truck trailer had an extra long variant to fit on the extra long flatbed as there were times I would have liked to use one.

FGD5

aa
Jul 18, 2016
Thanks for still updating these for so long, I've used them in my maps since you started and I enjoy using them. Not to segue into a request (it's not too much of an issue, really), but I do wish the truck trailer had an extra long variant to fit on the extra long flatbed as there were times I would have liked to use one.
I'm glad you enjoy using them! I have thought about having a extra long trailer, the only problem is that by extending the trailer it ends up stretching the texture on the side, not a issue on the plain skins but on the skins with logos and signs it gets ruined. I could maybe look into making it work but it would require more textures so its not a major priority right now. Maybe I could edit the default shipping containers to fit on the extra long trailer if its something people would want. But feel free to leave requests, I cant promise that I'll do them but I'm always on the lookout for cars and trucks and other vehicles that need making.

Miki

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2022
I'm glad you enjoy using them! I have thought about having a extra long trailer, the only problem is that by extending the trailer it ends up stretching the texture on the side, not a issue on the plain skins but on the skins with logos and signs it gets ruined. I could maybe look into making it work but it would require more textures so its not a major priority right now. Maybe I could edit the default shipping containers to fit on the extra long trailer if its something people would want. But feel free to leave requests, I cant promise that I'll do them but I'm always on the lookout for cars and trucks and other vehicles that need making.
I realized this as well and understood why the model was the way it was, it would need some more work to fit on a larger body. From my experience, these were the cases I compromised with the truck:
truck1.jpg
truck2.jpg
truck3.jpg
truck4.jpg
(this one I wanted the trailer, but had to settle with this shipping container because it didn't fit the extra long bed)

Reiterating, thank you for what you've done already, I simply wanted to share my experience using it.

Last edited:

FGD5

aa
Jul 18, 2016
There is currently an issue with the old and new versions conflicting, causing errors on maps with the old vehicles packed into them. I'm currently working on a fix that will change the file path to stop overriding errors and should have it out soon

FGD5

aa
Jul 18, 2016
FGD5 updated More Vehicles with a new update entry:

V6 Fix

Just a fix for the latest version, as it was causing errors with maps using old versions of the models.
From now on the new models are under 'props_vehicles/morevehicles' so they don't conflict with the older ones in 'props_vehicles/more_vehicles'.

All the names are still the same so just remove the extra _ from the file path in hammer and you're all good. To avoid confusion I'd recommend deleting any old versions and use the newest fix.

Other small changes include texture tweaks and a...

Read the rest of this update entry...