Moorage

KotH Moorage a9

Jul 26, 2015
Thanks a bunch for your feedback, Erick, it really means a lot to me. I actually thought about disabling collisions on those signs, but I kept forgetting to. I'll be sure to write that down for the next update. As for the window, I'll pay more attention to how it plays out in the next gameday. I might just replace it with a glass window.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Short video feedback of _a6: https://youtu .be/M3nNKjYHbCc

Hey I'm liking how the map is coming along, and while the flat-ness of mid was a bit noticeable, people seem to not mind it in maps like Granary so maybe it's fine. It's actually kinda interesting that the map is flat there because it immediately becomes different from a lot of other koth maps - the combat and the flow I mean, and I guess of course the detail inevitably.

I think when you detail you should put some pipes in the bottom part of the middle building under some grates, and some boilers or some other shit in the top parts of that building with some team colors around those - or some alternative to either. Just so when we are being strategical (like when alltalk is turned off) I can be more descriptive of where their combo or their medic is holding out, because at the moment I just say 'combo is in their top mid back room thing' whereas I could be saying 'combo is in their <unique object>'.

Jul 26, 2015
Updated to version a7:
  • Removed open windows near sniper balconies at mid
  • Extended planks between boat and piers to cover more of the gap
  • Changed medium health kit underwater to a full health kit
  • Some optimization improvements (maybe... let me know how it plays out)
  • Roofs!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jul 26, 2015
I've returned to this map because I feel with my new experience I'll be able to make it a bit better. Changes include:
  • Reworked the interiors of the spawn areas
  • Added new platforms to the loading dock areas to replace the lazily clustered crates
  • Extended the docks at mid and adjusted cover around the point
  • Made the small rooms near the battlements less cramped
  • Adjusted environment lighting, added shadow control and env_sun

Jul 26, 2015
Updated to version a9
  • Demolished some walls in the attic of mid building to open it up a bit (don't worry I have a permit)
  • Rearranged spawnpoints to nerf sightlines so afk people don't get headshot if some idiot holds the spawn door open
  • Other very minor changes