Map Testing - Friday July 17 - Euro Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
4 hours to compile an alpha? Dude, your map has some serious problems

my map compiles about 2 hours if i go -final -staticproplighting -staticproppolys amd its still alpha :p

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Updated Vector to a23. Want to test out the custom particles en masse.

Already on the server. I just need the schedule edit.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Updated Vector to a23. Want to test out the custom particles en masse.

Already on the server. I just need the schedule edit.
Ok. So. Apparently you just don't get it.

Putting it on the server yourself is irrelevant. A link still needs to be provided as some people prefer downloading maps ahead of time.

Further:
A Boojum Snark in EVERY gameday thread's rule list said:
When editing a submission for update/reservation, please make a new post to note that you have done so.
There is a reason I have the rules. I don't feel like monitoring every post for changes people make, and I do not read back over them after I see them the first time.
I see the post. I enter the data into my scheduling application. The data gets saved. I don't need to touch the post again.
At the very least you could edit your site uploads every time instead of submitting a new file, then if you decided to edit your post without telling at least the old link would still point to the proper file. However: If you update, POST about it.

But then you have a habit of doing this. The worst case was last week:
vectoredits.jpg

It makes me think maybe you don't post on purpose, hoping that people don't notice and erroneously assuming that the list is compiled at deadline time.
To me it seems like skirting the no reservation rule by quietly updating your submission with an edit.

You very often make use of your donator benefits and run testing of your map whenever, which I suppose accounts for so rapidly releasing so many alphas, but this then begs the question: If you get enough testing to release a new version every other day, why do you even bother submitting to gameday?

Bottom line: chill out on the updating, post when you do so, or I'm just going to assume the above and ban your maps from official testing for rule breaking/bending.

P.S. 32* not 23

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
Ok. So. Apparently you just don't get it.

Putting it on the server yourself is irrelevant. A link still needs to be provided as some people prefer downloading maps ahead of time.

thats true. i allways do that if im gonna to attend GD.

Status
Not open for further replies.