Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
would you plz stop it...it's rather annoying :)
i know the situation really well. i thought once about posting about it as well. but i didn't. i look at the pics, enjoy and that's it.
what secret force forbids you to just not post at all. he ignores you - why can't you do it, too. he's doing that in other forums as well and gets the comments. it's just unfair to other maps, imo, that really deserve proper feedback and get pushed down because of your desire to being bothered with this guy - it's almost like an obsession.
on top of that it just gets repetetive to see the same arguments on every page and him not reacting a dime....

let's just leave him be and post his progress - we'll never know the rest. so let's instead support people who actually care for and listen to the great and useful feedback you guys are capable of giving :)

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Mainline as well. Changing the name? I kinda like reelfoot but thats prob because i am used to it.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Mainline as well. Changing the name? I kinda like reelfoot but thats prob because i am used to it.

Well, I think I need a new name since people have no idea what the hell reelfoot is and since I have remade the whole map from scratch. I think it needs a new name since it doesn't look at all like the old reelfoot that I had in the begging.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Yah i agree, reelfoot doesnt go to well. Yah very different as well.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I've never seen the player count of any version of Reelfoot go over or reach 12.

Last edited:

FishyFishy

L1: Registered
Nov 21, 2009
Reelfoot is a competitive map catered towards 6v6 play, thus I see no reason for the player count to go over 12. Despite this we have had 6v6 PUGs with quite a few spectators.

-snip- Not cool man

Last edited by a moderator:

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Reelfoot is a competitive map catered towards 6v6 play, thus I see no reason for the player count to go over 12. Despite this we have had 6v6 PUGs with quite a few spectators.

Stop flaming SWATY because he makes awesome maps. Don't you have some shitty PL map to go work on anyways?

I am glad to hear it, I can't wait to organize a 6v6 on it to see that it plays great :) :)

Also if it was geared towards 6v6 play, why did it keep getting signed up for gamedays over and over
rolleyes.gif

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
And why does TF2Stats disagree with it getting constant 6v6 testing?

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Map has been renamed to Mainline

Updated first post with pics and info. :D

Change Log from RC1 to RC2

-Fixed some props that had no collison.
-Fixed the wires on the lights.
-Fixed a bunch of clipping issues.
-Fixed a problem with the overlays and health kits.
-fixed overlapping brushes.
-Added height variation to the 2nd point.
-Fixed a bunch of visual bugs throughout the map.
-Removed the underwater route.
-Added another route from mid to 2nd point.
-Redesigned the 2nd point.
-Redesigned the left route to the last point.
-Removed the Christmas lighting on the wires.
-Changed the lighting of the map.
-Added more details.
-Added more lights.
-Fixed the fog in the 3D skybox.
-Redid the planks at the first point.
-Added a door that connects the two lobbies together.
-Fixed some weird shadows.
-Improved fps at 2nd point.
-Redesigned the entire mid, hot new mid.
-Redesigned the entrance at 2nd.
-Fixed the 2nd forward spawn facing the wrong way.
-Removed the sniper deck.
-Fixed a problem where red players could get inside blue's spawn.
-Fixed a problem where you could build underground.
-Redesigned the 1st point.
-Reduced the filesize by 8MB.
-Removed the rain.
-Detailed the spawn rooms.
-Retextured some buildings.

Thanks to:

-Chang
-Killa
-blight.A Seagull
-Fishy
-Ratty
-Athletesfoot
-Mountain Dew
-Kankle
-EaggeR

Feb 14, 2008
Couldn't we just all settle down now? It's an entirely different map now (supposedly) just ... make up your mind on the map rather than express your opinions on the methods.

I posted this on ETF2L too SWATY

You need to scale down some of your overlays, especially the delivery dock one here http://i48.tinypic.com/vytt7t.jpg

Having overlays that big isn't really aesthetically pleasing, you should make them the same size Valve do (I believe at scale 0.5 of yours).

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
why haven't you made the middle building look neutral. right now it's red, new players won't know that's the middle and be confused

even though i have told you more than once

would this quote have anything to do with it?
I dont really like the ppl at tf2m so I ignore all their feedback

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I dont really like the ppl at tf2m so I ignore all their feedback

It goes both ways, swaty. your ego is the biggest problem here.

Last edited:

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
http://img69.imageshack.us/g/cpmainlinerc20029.jpg/

I would just assume that every issue is mirrored, but anyway. I'm nitpicking because this is rc2, assuming that you could release at any time. That said, I hope that you get some serious gameplay feedback in addition to fixing these little things.

Cheers
-FoX

Status
Not open for further replies.