1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Magically exploding teleporters

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Asylum, Aug 17, 2008.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So it's like this:

Attempting my first PL map, and on first build, I test for Fungineer exploits. I built a Tele entrance on ground-level, and an exit on top a platform behind it. When I use the tele entrance, my tele exit suddenly explodes. I've tried putting the tele exit everywhere else in the map and it works just fine.

Halp?

2. Bonafide

Bonafide L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    there isnt enough room for a player to spawn on the teleporter exit. So it explodes. It can happen on official maps too.

3. doctor killing

doctor killing L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    yer this happens in goldrush

4. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    it gets telefragged :D

5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
  6. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Not enough room you say? Wierd, because I've never had any trouble building tele exits inside that tiny little booth in Gravelpit beside the A-C passageway.

7. bobby1211

bobby1211 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Building is not a problem. Spawning is something different. Most valve maps are made so you can not build in a location that this will happen, but they miss things and it CAN happen, rare but it can.

You are building the map... test the theory, make your platform bigger and see if the problem goes away.

-Bobby