Looking for assistance with lighting for gatorlake

Capp

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 20, 2017
Firstly, i appreciate the positive reception around my map and I wish to finish and polish this damn thing into RC1 asap. Unfortunately I can't quite find that much time to dedicate into this project and it seems I will be even less available in the next couple of months (aka before may). With that being said, seeing as how I have received plenty of feedback towards the lighting of the map and how it could be improved and knowing that I am really not the most experienced in that area plus my less than optimal availability, I believe I need some assistance.

The point: I would appreciate if anyone with the knowledge or experience could help directly by working with the lighting for the map, this means using the vmf file itself or at least analysing and providing feedback on what to do. If it's of any motivation: if done well, you'll be included in the resource team and credited fairly. I am also willing to negotiate paying with ref. (Though I don't have that much). If anyone's interested, send a dm or a comment right here. thanks.

Pdan4

Still trying to add
aa
Nov 25, 2013
I saw some screenshots of what you've done. Could you write a bit about what kind of atmosphere you're going for? Daytime, fog level, etc. What's the story of this map?

Capp

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 20, 2017
I saw some screenshots of what you've done. Could you write a bit about what kind of atmosphere you're going for? Daytime, fog level, etc. What's the story of this map?

Hi. While the specific atmosphere has been tweaked over time since I never had a specific idea in mind I do believe I enjoy the feel of a warm and slow swamp as it is right now. As for the story of the map, I'm glad you asked. While I'm not telling everything outright, I can share the main points:

Mann co. has utilized this oddly structured, abandoned swamptown as illegal dumping grounds, causing the extinction of all animal life on the lake, including the alligators it was named after. In order to cover it up they simply imported some crocodiles and kept increasing the salt concentration of the water. Many background details can also show how each team is invloved in this and even give hints as to other things.

The adjustments in lighting I'm looking for are really to make it polished and give it a finished look, the skybox lighting or the general feel of the map I believe are in their ideal state. If there's still any interest in contributing, be free to contact me here or on discord.