Ailurus

L1: Registered
Apr 14, 2019
Hey there, I'm working on my first map, so there is still a lot I have to learn, but I've been trying to learn most of it myself, but I've come to an impasse. I've been using compile pal, to pack props and textures into the map, but each time I compile using it, everything comes out as full bright, compared to when I compile it within hammer, it's fine.

the only two errors that are coming up in the compile log (Both in compile pal and interlopers)
"displacement edge abutting multiple other edges" compiling the map without any displacements the problem is still there.

and
"zero area child patch" I believe the problem is because of this, but the alt p menu is not showing anything, I've removed and checked all the brushes in my map and I'm still having the problem and I'm not sure what else I can do.

Any help will be amazing.

Last edited:

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
What compile settings are you using in Compilepal?

Ailurus

Apr 14, 2019
Everything is the way it is when I downloaded the program
Running the publish config
for vrad -final - static prop lighting - static prop polys - hdr
vvis
bpsp
copy
Pack

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
Everything is the way it is when I downloaded the program
Running the publish config
for vrad -final - static prop lighting - static prop polys - hdr
vvis
bpsp
copy
Pack
The Publish config is rather peculiar, it's intended for CSGO which is HDR locked, but TF2 isn't.
When using lighting, if HDR isn't present then you can fall back to using LDR, but if LDR isn't present, it will not force you into HDR. This means any player set to use LDR normally will experience fullbright, simply use a config such as Full - Both or Full - LDR to fix this issue

Ailurus

Apr 14, 2019
Hey thank you, I render it using just LDR, there is a few lighting errors, but I'll take that as a compromise to things being packed, thankyou.

Attachments

• 20190415081326_1.jpg
    20190415081326_1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 267