Resource icon

KotH Koth_Drought A3

Walrus Wambagoni

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2017
Koth_Drought - A King of the Hill map set in a desalination facility that has been abandoned due to droughts.

This map is set in a desalination facility, overlooking what used to be a thriving lake. The area has since experienced droughts, emptying the lake completely (somehow) and leaving the facility abandoned.

Features a cliff and many pits where water (used to) resides in.

3 entrances for each spawn point

Drop downs that let you enter a tunnel that is (or used to be) underwater.

The main building behind the control point.

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
Seems like you've uploaded the thumbnails of your screenshots, make sure the screenshots you're uploading aren't in the /thumbnail folder of your TF2 screenshots folder!

Walrus Wambagoni

Jul 31, 2017
Seems like you've uploaded the thumbnails of your screenshots, make sure the screenshots you're uploading aren't in the /thumbnail folder of your TF2 screenshots folder!
Yeah normally i wouldn't use it, but i (for some reason) couldn't access my actual screenshots. I'll get new screenshots some time soon

Walrus Wambagoni

Jul 31, 2017
probably shouldn't be its own version, but whatever

-Raised the platform that is positioned above the cliff

-Changed/removed/added/adjusted health packs and ammo kits

-Lowered the blue pathway that leads from the main spawn entrance to the main concrete area, as blu side would take fall damage if they fell off of the platform, but red side wouldn't

-Fixed blu side's lighting

-Changed the color of the sort of rail-things that are next to the tunnel when you enter the main building (red side still had a blu texture)

-Fixed the screenshots

-Minor changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Goodnight Girl

Jul 22, 2016
I like what the middle area has going on, but the doorway on the side leading to the point is really open, there's just not much in the way of cover if you're already on the point. Also, I think the full health kit is a bit much for where it's located but a medium health pack would work great where it's placed. Otherwise I like the middle area, and otherwise I'd just say to move the sniper nest further from the point so they can't snipe past the point ^ ^

Walrus Wambagoni

Jul 31, 2017
I like what the middle area has going on, but the doorway on the side leading to the point is really open, there's just not much in the way of cover if you're already on the point. Also, I think the full health kit is a bit much for where it's located but a medium health pack would work great where it's placed. Otherwise I like the middle area, and otherwise I'd just say to move the sniper nest further from the point so they can't snipe past the point ^ ^
Thanks for the feedback, although I'll probably only take your feedback in consideration during a4, as a3 is almost complete :)

Walrus Wambagoni

Jul 31, 2017
OH BOY, I'm finally not lazy now!

-Added new structures on the middle point
-Added an extra tunnel branching off of the old one
-Added platforms under the healthpack near the middle of the map
-Changed healthpack locations and stuff (Such as the middle health pack going down on the new platforms, and becoming a medium)
-Added fences to shield off the platform near the back of the middle room
-Minor Fixes

Hope you enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...