KOTH Tools

KotH KOTH Tools a6

Jack5

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 6, 2018
Tools - Sometimes improper mapping practices can be beautiful.

Preface
This map is a Work In Progress, having existed as a submission of mine on GameBanana since April the 12th, 2018. GameBanana will continue to be the prime source of downloads and information regarding the map.

Description
KOTH Tools (koth_tools_a3) is a gigantic Hammer Editor joke currently in the works, taking inspiration from KOTH Skybox. KOTH Tools uses modified versions of tool textures which enable the "triggers" and "clips" to be visible within Team Fortress 2. This is done by layering the non-functional edit of a tool texture as a func_brush on top of the regular texture, with the exception of Nodraw, which is a simple solid of its own. The skybox is custom but is comprised entirely of the skybox tool texture repeated multiple times.

Plans
In the future, KOTH Tools aims to be another minigame-type KOTH map similar to April Fools maps such as TF2Craps. Each event will focus on an aspect of the Hammer Editor that can be used comedically, such as leaks, lighting, error props and more. A displacement is also planned to be added to the middle area. Feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated during this time.

Credits
Jack5 - Map designer

P

Prosciutto

I kinda like this for some reason. But it would have been better to released earlier if that was a option so you could participate in the april fools contest. Are you just wait 353 days for the next one

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
  • Added early leak minigame that happens for 6 seconds after a capture and at the end of a round.
  • Added health and ammo pickups and more obstacles.
  • Normal developer textures replaced with brighter versions by nyronic.
  • Overhauled fake playerclipping.
  • Spawn area exterior and capture point hallways shifted slightly.
  • Adjusted triggers for upper area doorways.
  • Reduced number of entities in map.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
I kinda like this for some reason. But it would have been better to released earlier if that was a option so you could participate in the april fools contest. Are you just wait 353 days for the next one
I think I'm OK:
NEW maps only! This means no updates to old joke maps for consideration in the contest. This also means if you have started something before [an] announcement but it wasn't played in previous April Fools events, it's okay to submit!

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
  • Spawn areas resized greatly and obstacles added.
  • All clipping issues fixed and all ramps turned into staircases with fake playerclipping.
  • Fixed visibility issue where it was possible to see the leak from the spawn areas.

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
I think what they were referring to was that we just had an April Fool's event, and this could have been in it if started earlier.
I'm still completely fine with that. I have my own crowd of playtesters, and even if they aren't the brightest players, they help be pick out fatal issues in my maps and lead me into good trains of thought.

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
  • Added height variation to capture point area and altered obstacles to match.
  • Fixed resupply in BLU spawn not working.
  • Increased transparency of fake triggers.
  • Fixed a random gap inbetween a ramp and a platform.
  • Increased size of capture zone.
  • Fixed upper area doors allowing players to get through from the unintended side.
  • Changed lighting to light entities to produce brighter and more natural shadows.
  • Minor changes to health and ammo pickups.