[INFO] Playload entity setup.

NumbersAndNoise

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2008
I'm making a pl_map with a vertically moving func_brush platform as the cart. I thought I set up everything according to the tutorial, and when I tested it, it initially seemed like everything worked, but my cart just stops moving completely after the first of three points is captured. It turns the symbol into a no sign when you stand in the cap zone, which would lead me to believe that the cap area's control point isn't being changed, but I set the logic_relay to change it. Any idea what could be going on?

Edit: It's telling me "Client stuck on object 40/" and I cant find anything about that online either. (Yes, I googled it). And I once got "binding uncalced material "___utilwireframe", artificially incrementing refcount", which made a red X appear on screen.

Last edited:

NumbersAndNoise

Jul 14, 2008
No. That's the weird thing. I can't see any reason for it to stop. I don't have the cap area set to disable until the last point is captured. I assume it has to do with one of those two weird errors, and I can't find anything about them. If it helps, I might just post the map itself. It's still n the earliest possible stages. This is starting to seem like a derail of the thread, though, so if I can't find anything I'll post a separate one.

VMs

Aug 28, 2008
hi all...
I have a problem, my pl_ map is one stage with 2 ways.
all wark fine, but some times in strange reason value cap in trigger_capture_area doesn't changes (ways pickup from random logic_case)
and cart doesn't move.. any ideas? :)

p.s. i made alternative type (standart), just ignore my question ;)

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2007
Edit: It's telling me "Client stuck on object 40/" and I cant find anything about that online either.

That message appears when the player becomes stuck in the map. In this case, due to clipping or lag issues, the player gets stuck in the func_brush, which then stops moving because it thinks the player is blocking it. Turning on the "is unblockable by player" flag in the func_tracktrain should prevent it from stopping in this case, although the unfortunate player will stay stuck until the train's moved past, and will then fall.

It might work better if you make the func_brush non-solid, and have the func_tracktrain textured with clip, as the clipping between players and trainwatcher-controlled trains seems to be more precise than with any ordinary func_tracktrain.

Jan 31, 2008
My pl map crashes as soon as I'm about to launch it in-game, do you know what could be wrong?
I basically copied everything over from badwater, fixed the IO setup and ran the map. Then it worked fine.
After that, I moved the control points and the path to fit my map.
And now it crashes :(

Oct 6, 2008
pl_maps will crash on startup if you don't have absolutely everything coded right - check all entities really closely - even if they look right - this should fix it.

The SetNumTRainCappers doesn't excist in the default command list does it ? :s I dont have it anyway..

Can someone upload a working prefab or example map (simple) with a working payload? Can't get mine to work at all.

Butter, I Load one for you when I get home.

Last edited:

Elle

Jan 7, 2009
Hi,

I'm working my way through the Payload tutorial from the Valve wiki and I've run into this:

OnCase01 Bomb_Train SetSpeedDirAccel 0 ...

Etc.

But Hammer doesn't recognize SetSpeedDirAccel as a valid value (it shows up in red). only SetSpeed and SetSpeedDir. I don't see it mentioned anywhere as something the user adds either. Has it changed or is it supposed to work?

sicsided

Jul 25, 2008
The tutorial is not from valve, it's made by a user, and imo he did a pretty good job.

Payload relies on the input and output system more so then the other game modes, you so have to make sure you understand it well.

You can disable the 'Bomb_CapArea' with input 'disable'
You can fire this from a logic_relay, the path_track, or the Control Point, up to you, but using a logic_relay keeps things tidy.

Basicly once the train reaches the last path_track, have the path_track send the 'OnPass' output to the logic_relay with an input of 'trigger', then have the logic_relay send outputs to whatever you want to (like the 'Bomb_CapArea')

I believe he did a good job also on that tutorial, but this is where I am getting hung up here too.

I have 2 caps (for now) and am also having it like someone else where Red is the attacker and Blue is the defender. I have all the correct parameters for Red and Blue so I don't believe that is the error (I've check about 35 times by now in the past 2 days).

The problem is, the first cap works, but that's where it stops. I have the second cap set up as the end point and have followed what you said to disable Bomb_CapArea. Even on the train_watcher it shows the first cap in the middle, but not cap point at the end, just endless goes. Any suggestions?

sicsided

Jul 25, 2008
nevermind. I read the Payload tutorial, and the Creating a Capture Point tutorial, and didn't understand the Index area that well int he Create a Cap Point tut. Just had to set numbers @_@

Elle

Jan 7, 2009
On a similar topic as above, both the payload and the CP tutorials seem to be lacking in info about how to trigger a Red win when the time runs out. It ticks down through the overtime and then stops.