I requaiers some help

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Lord_Troll69

L1: Registered
Mar 24, 2023
Jelenleg egy térképet fejlesztek, és olyan hibába ütköztem, amely nem ismeri a fejlődést
így a térképezési oktatóvideó azt mondta nekem, hogy ezen a helyen lehet segítséget kérni.
A probléma pontosan arról szól, hogy az összeállított térképemen nem szerepel az összes legutóbbi cucc, amit hozzáadtam hozzá. Nem hiszem, hogy szivárgás okozta, mert ahogy hiszem, teljesen lezártam a térképet skybox-szal és nodraw-val.
Ha valakinek itt volt ugyanez a problémája, tapasztaltabb a hibák megoldásában, kérem, vegye fel velem a kapcsolatot, és mondja el a problémát, hogy meg tudjam oldani!
thx

Attachments

• ctf_Minefort Remake.bsp
    14.2 MB · Views: 35
T

The Asylum

He meant your first post, which I believe is in Hungarian.

First, the file you provided is a bsp, which we can't really do much with as far as troubleshooting goes. Providing us with the .vmf of your map would be better.

Second, when a compiled map doesn't have the same contents as its current vmf and instead resembles a previous build, this is usually indicative of some sort of catastrophic leak. Leaks aren't limited to skybox or nodraw brush issues. If your map uses brushes that break up visleafs, like hint or areaportals, if those aren't used properly they can cause a compile to fail. Giving us the .vmf of your map will help us give you a more conclusive diagnosis.

Lord_Troll69

Mar 24, 2023
alrigh, bdw i have no idea why have it translated what is said to hungarian.
here is vmf file of the map

Attachments

• ctf_Minefort Remake.vmf
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
T

The Asylum

I got your map to run properly.

ctfminefortr.png

Right away I noticed this- half the ground is missing, with nothing but the void beyond that nodraw. The compile log won't call it a leak, but for all intents and purposes, it may as well be. But just filling in this hole wasn't enough.

Second, the way you made the displacements around the underground tunnel entrances under the mid building were, for lack of a better word, strange. I destroyed all the displacements and converted them back into flat, normal brushes, and your map compiled perfectly fine. Instead of using multiple brushes to create different sides of the terrain, you can just use one brush, like this:

disp.png

Try recreating your displacements using this method, and I'm pretty sure your map should compile properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord_Troll69

Mar 24, 2023
I did try to create the caveing and geometry in a different method and it did work, it compliles but now i just have bad preformance and the game freeze sometimes.
idk why is it dooing that, maby i messed up something ore its just my laptop, i also get a REALY long comple time.
anyway here is the map agen, i wonna know what is the problem

Attachments

• ctf_DefenceAtack.vmf
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Lord_Troll69

Mar 24, 2023
Map not copileing agen
After I finished creating the cave structure at the blue base window at the intel room, the map compiled incredebly fast and it showed the cave.
When i copy & paste it over to red side, it didint compile it. I tried to slice up the nodraw under the map and fixed a cupple line up issues in the caving under the middle building but its no use.
No idea what seens to be the issue, the skybox agen?

Attachments

• ctf_Minefort Remake.vmf
    4.9 MB · Views: 31