I Need help from this pop file

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by (Urso) Jailson Professor, Jan 28, 2019.

1. (Urso) Jailson Professor

(Urso) Jailson Professor L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I made a wave 666 in rottenburg based on another map of hellburg that a map of rottenburg that has its halloween version of it I saw the pop file of the map file and decided to try to do in rottenburg and finished so when I start tf2 and I tried the wave in the game did not work I tested it in the MvM.tf site so that you also know that this site does not work so I tried to do in notepad ++ to wave and ended it in the program so when I started the game it gave those errors
    KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file
    Population, wave, WaveSpawn, Squad, TFBot, WaveSpawn, (*CharacterAttributes*),
    Population, WaveSpawn, WaveSpawn, WaveSpawn, 50, (*Squad*), (*TFBot*), (*CharacterAttributes*),
    KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file
    (*WaveSpawn*), (*Squad*), (*TFBot*), (*ItemAttributes*), (*armor piercing*), (*RevertGateBotsBehavior*), (*CharacterAttributes*), (*override footstep sound set*), (*CharacterAttributes*),
    TFBotSpawner: Unknown field 'WaveSpawn'
    Warning reading TFBot spawner definition
    Unknown attribute 'TFBot' in Squad definition.
    Invalid populator 'WaveSpawn'
    Parse Failed in CPopulationManager::Initialize for scripts/population/mvm_rottenburg_NIGHTMARE.popKeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file
    Population, WaveSpawn, WaveSpawn, WaveSpawn, 50, (*Squad*), (*TFBot*), (*CharacterAttributes*),
    (*WaveSpawn*), (*Squad*), (*TFBot*), (*ItemAttributes*), (*armor piercing*), (*RevertGateBotsBehavior*), (*CharacterAttributes*), (*override footstep sound set*), (*CharacterAttributes*),
    Parse Failed in CPopulationManager::Initialize for scripts/population/mvm_rottenburg_NIGHTMARE.popKeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file
    Parse Failed in CPopulationManager::Initialize for scripts/population/mvm_rottenburg_NIGHTMARE.pop
    Parse Failed in CPopulationManager::Initialize
    if you see this post please help me fix this wave problem I wanted to test it or if you help me edit it I will leave here the link of the wave that is with problem if you give me a reply and then I'll see Friday that I'm too busy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. (Urso) Jailson Professor

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  3. Startacker!

aa Startacker! Dissociating in the Five Guy’s backroom

Positive Ratings:
    I went through your popfile and patched some things up, there was a lot going on, so some of these notes might have become incorrect as I was going through it, but I included it if you want to see what went wrong.
    • You generally shouldn't use uppercase letters in your filename, as some servers (such as those on Linux) don't like caps.
    • You're missing a } to close the WaveSpawns at line 498, line 774, and line 936
    • You have an extra } inbetween the Giant Gunner and Profissional Medic at line 1472
    • There is no Where in Rottenburg for spawnbot_stealth, use flankers instead
    • There is also no Where in Rottenburg for spawnbot_red or spawnbot_red_silent
    • There's also an extra } at line 509
    • You have an extra { at line 774
    • Unnecessary WaveSpawn at line 358
    • Unnecessary Where at line 1256
    • Moved the } at line 372 that was splitting your WaveSpawn apart to line 404
    • The Final Boss Dragon Heavy uses gatebot logic, which Rottenburg does not support.
    • Templates are your friend! Try using them sometime
    That's as far as I got your popfile to a functional state, there are still issues that I believe relate to the bots themselves and missing icons, which I'll let you take a look at yourself.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. (Urso) Jailson Professor

Positive Ratings:
    Tanks for help me bro :D