How to download map making assets

Dakotah Hutchinson

L1: Registered
Oct 27, 2018
I want to start making makes and I found the frontline assets (Frontline supply drop v2) but it is a download package and I don't know how to get it into the hammer map maker, I read that you had to use Compile pal, but I don't know how to use that either

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
You have to use CompilePal (or VIDE or Pakrat) in order to pack the assets into the map, not in order to get them into Hammer. To get the assets into the game (and, through that, into your Hammer), simply copy the folder containing the content into [Program Files]\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom. Make sure all of the folders titled something like "materials", "models", "particles", etc. are contained within another folder inside tf\custom and not directly in tf\custom themselves (ex: do tf\custom\frontline\materials instead of tf\custom\materials). This should already be the case if you just copy the main folder to that filepath though, so no worries. If you're still confused, the readme.txt inside of tf\custom should explain it well enough

Dakotah Hutchinson

L1: Registered
Oct 27, 2018
You have to use CompilePal (or VIDE or Pakrat) in order to pack the assets into the map, not in order to get them into Hammer. To get the assets into the game (and, through that, into your Hammer), simply copy the folder containing the content into [Program Files]\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom. Make sure all of the folders titled something like "materials", "models", "particles", etc. are contained within another folder inside tf\custom and not directly in tf\custom themselves (ex: do tf\custom\frontline\materials instead of tf\custom\materials). This should already be the case if you just copy the main folder to that filepath though, so no worries. If you're still confused, the readme.txt inside of tf\custom should explain it well enough

Another question
I did put the frontline folder in the custom (I.e Teamfotress2/tf/custom/frontlines/rest of frontline folder) folder but I can't find out how to get the items in hammer, it says on the mod filter frontlines_supply_drop, but it says "No mdi files"

What do I do here?

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
For Frontline props, you'll want to search 'props_frontline' in the model browser. For Frontline materials, you'll want to search 'frontline' in the material browser