How do i make a 5cp map?

BurgerWithOnion

L1: Registered
Aug 20, 2019
Hello! I am a new mapper and i love the gamemode control points. i wanted to make myself a 5cp map but im not sure how... I have looked it up on google and youtube trying to find a tutorial or something but i could not find anything. Just wondering if someone could show me how to do it or put me in the right direction on where i get some help. Thanks!

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
You don't.

5CP is hell of a gamemode to make. Not only do you have to balance 5 different control points, but you have to mirror the map, which is a grueling task in and of itself.

If you haven't made a KotH or Arena map (And please do Arena, I'm tired of testing KotH), you should do those first.

Maid

Bimbo Succubus Lesbian
aa
Sep 29, 2018
You don't.

5CP is hell of a gamemode to make. Not only do you have to balance 5 different control points, but you have to mirror the map, which is a grueling task in and of itself.

If you haven't made a KotH or Arena map (And please do Arena, I'm tired of testing KotH), you should do those first.

There's no harm in trying out a different gamemode, and 5cp gives experience in midpoints, final points and connectors as well as the challenge that is second points, so it's a lot of useful experience. Plus, you say yourself you'd like them to try out a different gamemode. And 5cp maps can be rotational symmetry just like any other symmetrical gamemode.

BurgerWithOnion

L1: Registered
Aug 20, 2019
You don't.

I have made a arena and koth map in fact I have 2 koth maps. Just as practice and I think i have a basic understanding of how everything works and with a 5cp map I don’t want to make anything great off the bat I just want to learn how it works so maybe someday I can make something different.

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
Let me guess, Crash's tutorial?

Yeah, unless you're having problems with the gamemode and/or are trying to make the next Player Destruction, go ahead and copy it.

Trust me, making payload from the ground up was an endeavor that I eventually gave up on. I'd wasted a month by then.