pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a2 changelog

- mapname changed now that it's no longer restricted by microcontest rules
-- Look out, Gordon!
- added more map to the map
- removed jank spawn time workaround with forcespawn. i'm hoping that the team respawn timers don't inexplicably go back to default 12-24s again
-- teams still forcespawn when their flag is captured to prevent steamrolls
- adjustments to gamemode:
-- flags reset after being dropped for 25 seconds and are on shotclock mode
-- added game_timer starting at 5 minutes
-- one minute is awarded on flag capture
-- added logic to award team win based on number of captures when timer runs out, if neither team captures to the server's configured limit

Read the rest of this update entry...

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a3 changelog:

- added even more map to the map
- added rotations from low ground to high ground at mid
- highground entrances to intel rooms are now enclosed balconies with an open window and oneway door dropdown.
attackers being able to freely spam into intel and blast jump back out sucked for the defense. while i'm going for a fast ctf style, kneecapping defensive options isn't the right way to go about it. players naturally want to defend their flag, and punishing them for playing their objective leads to frustration.
these balconies are far from perfect, but i'm waiting on a playtest to decide which way to take them from here.
- added medium ammo beside medium health kits in lobbies
- changed small health kits at mid to medium, and added medium ammo beside them
players felt starved for resources and struggled to stage a full push into intel after being worn down from the midfight. this should let mid be held by teams for long enough to safely push into intel before needing to retreat.

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a5 changelog:

- mid is no longer some weird shit split in half thing
gggoddddd i haven't been sleeping well. hopefully having mid be An Actual Fucking Mid this time should allow for a sort of push-pull flow to it, letting the controlling team stage coordinated pushes into enemy intel.
- the area in front of the mid-facing spawn doors is now covered by a roof to limit spam
might end up moving these spawns back at some point depending on how playtests go when i finally have a mid that's decent. still gathering data, since the Big Issue is currently mid
20200418155244_1.jpg

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a6 changelog:

- mid has been made Thicker
it's mid-sized now! i think! maybe
- added ways up to middle platform
more traversal options are poggers
- more cover on sewer exits into mid
- More Shit around mid. little buildings. im tired as hell writing these notes rn look at the screenshot
20200420212100_1.jpg
- added a room beside intel, with entrance from sewer and a dropdown from upper route
20200420212112_1.jpg 20200420212127_1.jpg
- changed rear spawn exit to remove that fuuuucking awful balcony that caused tons of sniper issues
whoops! filler "i have no ideas oh god" areas suck
20200420212136_1.jpg

pog
20200420212451_1.jpg

oh fuck i forgot to add signage again and i only just remembered as i'm uploading this whoOPS

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a7 changelog:

- added signage
i remembered this time! only took like two updates
- removed shutter door frame from spawn "lobby" building Thing
- moved spawns back to give players a view of every route as they leave spawn
this should help a ton with navigation and understanding the map in general. a slightly higher walktime between spawn and mid should also help gameplay flow.

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a8 changelog:

a7 played pretty well, so now i'm going to do a few experiments to see if i can improve on it and can easily rollback map changes to a safe, fun verison if they don't work out.

- added one-way doors on the immediate dropdown into intel
blast jump classes are uniquely powerful at the moment, able to exploit a brief lapse in the defence to swiftly yoink the intel and get back onto high ground.
adding a one-way door on the closest of the two dropdowns should shift the focus away from soldiers and demomen and give other classes a chance at the intel too.
good coordination to hold the door open will mean that swift steals are still possible, but require a firmer hold on the high ground.20200422193143_1.jpg 20200422193137_1.jpg

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a9 changelog:

- increased time on capture to 90s (from 60)
- widened upper route a bit
- added another route to mid highground from the rear intel room, with medium health and ammo
20200423151122_1.jpg
- added a medium health kit to the high ground visible from spawns
- moved pickups at mid to be more exposed to team bases
these changes should help with teams camping mid.
- added bridges from mid high ground to mid spire
engineers holding up here were difficult to dislodge.
20200423151131_1.jpg
- adjusted lighting and signage

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a10 changelog:

- removed additonal route from room near intel to highground
the previous additional routes solved the mid camping issue, but ended up making the layout confusing and let attackers quickly retreat to a powerful highground after they took the intelligence.
it completely fucked up the map's flow.
- the additional room at highground is now connected to the old highground route.
two ways in from the low and highground should be enough. i'm not sure how this will play.
20200423230233_1.jpg
- clipped ramps up to mid spire
whoops, forgot about that one.

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a15 changelog:

- gamemode logic extensions
-- during overtime, if the team leading in score captures, time is not added to the clock
-- during overtime, if team scores are tied and one team captures, time is not added to the clock
-- during overtime, if the team trailing in score captures, time is still added to the clock

whoops! i forgot to account for overtime when originally setting this up.
it took a surprising amount of work to extend the existing logic.
01.png

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
a20 changelog:

- gamemode logic extensions
-- in overtime, the flag status check routine is fired for every flag state change (at home, dropped, picked up).

scenario:
RED score is leading 2-1. both RED and BLU flags are dropped on the floor. the RED flag was dropped before BLU, so will reset first.
the round timer hits 0. the flag status check routine is fired. because the leading team's flag is dropped, the round enters overtime.
neither team reach the enemy flag. the RED flag returns to base.
the RED flag's state updates (dropped --> at home), and the flag status check routine is fired again.
RED's score is leading and their flag is at home, so they are awarded a win immediately.

in previous versions, the flag status check routine would not have been fired a second time, leading into overtime until BLU's flag returns home.

01.png