[Help] black textured prop in-game

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Crrrrrrystal, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Crrrrrrystal

Crrrrrrystal L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to use some models in my map from the Construction pack, unfortunately one of them seems to be giving me a black texture no matter what.

flatbed.mdl, skin 2:
    https://i.imgur.com/ny91Svc.jpg

I don't think it's a problem with the pack or my use of the pack, because I have another model in the map from the same pack.

dumpster_body.mdl/dumpster_lid.mdl, skin 1
    https://i.imgur.com/1mdNamm.jpg

What do? Thanks!

2. Tuaam

Tuaam L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Redownload the pack and then repaste it in your Team Fortress directory.

Sometimes models are missing and you should redownload to make sure this doesn't happen.

3. Crrrrrrystal

Positive Ratings:
    I tried the above, this did not work.
    Also, it may be of note that I can see the model perfectly well in hammer but it's black in the model browser in hammer.
    EDIT: nvm I can see the correct colors in the model browser, it's just super dark.

4. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
  5. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    That's almost definitely it. For the time being, I recommend using an info_lighting entity to set a lighting origin that's not under the wood. You can switch to advanced compile options when you hit beta.

6. Crrrrrrystal

Positive Ratings:
    I tried, this, unfortunately the texture is still black. I removed the wood pile and compiled using staticproppolys, textureshadows, and staticproplighting and its still black

7. Crrrrrrystal

Positive Ratings:
    UPDATE: when I shoot the dragon's fury at the black truck, it very briefly gets its color back. after the flame dies it goes back to black