Hammer editor GUI invisible in Wine on Mac Mojave

MoonBoop

L1: Registered
Dec 22, 2019
Hi everyone

I'm trying to run hammer on my mac on osx mojave and I've run into a problem. So far I've installed a 32-bit version of wine 4.0.3, installed steam , installed team fortress 2, and now I'm trying to run hammer.
The issue is hammer is not displaying it's gui properly.

When it initially boots up, the gui is there, but after about a second of running the gui dissappears and the window goes black. The gui is still functional somehow as clicking around where tools should be changed tools, but it's not really usable in this state.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this weird bug?

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
As far as I know (because I've used Hammer on Mac for over a year, for my sins) there's no fix for this - the best thing you can do is have all the GUI elements you need be floating windows, rather than embedded in the main window.

MoonBoop

L1: Registered
Dec 22, 2019
Thank you for the help!

I think I found something else that might work too when I was trying to figure out how to drag the menu elements out into windows with them being invisible.

I started resizing the window and small portions of the gui started to become visible again and the still invisible area turned white. I just kept tweaking the window size and position on the screen until everything appeared.