Hammer crashing

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Grampa Swood, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Grampa Swood

Grampa Swood L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hammer crashes when I try to open the texture browser, I suspect this has to do with too many textures. I don't have many custom textures, but I do have ABS. I can see that the backpack icons too, I don't know if that's intentional. I also have this problem:
    [​IMG]

It is supposed to be a spawn, but it just shows "obsolete" (which is probably from ABS). Any help?

Edit: I have fixed it now, I just deleted GameConfig.txt and everything related to Hammer (.bat, .exe, etc.), uninstall ABS then verify game files and reinstall ABS.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord Occasionally I make maps

Positive Ratings:
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling ABS? There should be an uninstaller in your Team Fortress 2 folder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lacry

Lacry L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    That was exactly what was going to say, but if that doesnt work try to remove temporarily your custom content and see if thats the problem.

4. Grampa Swood

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, multiple times

Will do.
    Edit: Have done, still crashes

5. comradecommie

comradecommie L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Verify game files and re-install TF2 if needed. Icons look like they don't have alpha, so also consider checking your drivers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Grampa Swood

Positive Ratings:
    I fixed it, I don't remember how but I think it was by deleting Hammer from the folder and ABS then reinstall