CP Gullywash

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

lwf

L1: Registered
Aug 11, 2011
Great! One of my very favorites!
But now it's time for some new bugs:

Something weird is happening at these stones, on both sides.
s6k51.jpg

t47kn.jpg

Z-fighting.
kdkQw.jpg

Not new or a bug, but I still got to ask, what's the point of this?
Allow me to clarify; there's a lot of players that will be on this map for the first time. They don't know or care about the history so deliberately sending someone to a dead end would seem rather counterintuitive, as well as having the client draw more than necessary.
7joQs.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
I never had a chance to play Gullywash pre-official, and that arrow confused me to no end. I keep thinking that grate will open once we capture a certain CP or something.

yeah it's hilarious watching people walk to that thing time after time

Schrikvis

Aug 3, 2011
Where's the moment of glory water?
The stuff where you could dive in as a heavy to wreak havoc?

:(

zodac

Sep 21, 2009
I don't know if your still working on this? Anyway, here are my problems with the map now that i've played it quite a bit.

Scouts need a better route to get onto the mid point, atm you can either:
slide up that slanted pole using a double jump and get destroyed because you have to land in the exact same spot every time.
Double jump onto the top of the fence and jump again just to get on the point, it's predictable where you land, it's also tedious and time consuming to do and you will be killed by hitscan/pipes if anyone is around while you do it.
Go thru one of the extremely tight two chokes where there will be spam aimed at soldiers/demo/medic.
I think you should change the pole to a proper ramp you can walk properly on.

The drop-down at 2nd/mid doesn't ease the extreme spam from the choke, it just allows cheap/easy backcaps and flanks on the medic. Same problem with the original drop-down i assume. The bigger issue was pushing the second point from mid wasn't it? If you were pushing middle point from second i would presume you would player/uber advantage, the drop down only helps one side.

The lower point of the actual control point ring on mid is too small, it's really awkward to play on and should be made wider.

~
smaller issues:
The backdoor route on last cp is really awkward to fight around
The crates at mid are out of place and are really awkward to play around, there's also a small step where you have to jump when it should just be a ramp/slope.
The rock around second and behind the rock areas are never used when fighting.

TheClaudioAmericano

Mar 27, 2013
It´s pretty awesome to see these types of maps in early development which are now official maps.
Just wanted to leave this here, one of my favorite official cp maps.

Mar 23, 2010
i almost bought a support ticket thing for this map. hopefully my positive attitude is enough to cover what could have been. Great map arnold I really enjoy it!!

V

Valkyrie

I have never actually played this map with water in it. Also I bought a stamp for this map

Arnold

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 18, 2008
I have never actually played this map with water in it. Also I bought a stamp for this map

Thanks! Water was kind of awful though so don't bother.

i almost bought a support ticket thing for this map. hopefully my positive attitude is enough to cover what could have been. Great map arnold I really enjoy it!!

I bet i can pay rent with enough positive attitude, keep it coming.