Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Laz, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi there, some of you might have seen my WIP pl_haywood, that's my current project,

a bit about me perhaps, I'm a 24 year old male from belgium, who enjoys all sorts of stuff.

I first started mapping when the original half-life came out, and I read an article in a magazine about level editing, so I set off building my first little hl1 single player maps, using quark (quake army knife) later on I switched to Hammer.

Then my mapping died down a bit as I discovered the wonderful world of modeling. (3ds max style, not kate moss-ish). so I went on and bought the books, did the courses, and learned modeling with 3ds max. I have a bit of experience with XSI and maya, and these days I find myself using Z-brush a lot.

I did some weapon models for cs (still in beta stages back then) and I got back into mapping for a year or so building some Counter-strike maps.

source came out, I tried out mapping for it, but didn;t really know what do it for. built a couple of counter-strike:source maps, TF2 finally was released, the game got me hooked, and surely, the mapping followed. so here I am.

I also host a belgian gaming community, hosting several gaming servers including 2 TF2 servers at the moment. You can find those at www.z-spot.be.

so there you have it.

2. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Very cool, glad to have you with us :) We can never get too many modellers, lol. Well I never did anything map/mod wise w/ the original HL, I did mess around with Jedi Knight a bit, and HL2DM rather extensively. And that's a nice looking community you have there. If you ever questions, there's usually someone in Steam chat who can help out. Welcome to the group!

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome, new person with 100+ posts :lol:

Always good to see experienced level designers and especially model makers around.

4. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    omg its a moose! noooooooo!