Grazr's Mushroom Farm

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'd like to ask people to be more considerate regarding my mushroom farm.

The low lighting conditions required to breed mushrooms also spawn hostile mobs. Despite the fact that i put up several warning signs and provided bow, arrows and windows to clear the farm of said mobs prior to access, people still seem to be detonating creepers and destroying my house.

After the third time repairing my own house as a result of unthoughtful visitors i want to lay down some strict rules. Since mushrooms are quite rare and produce strong "healing potions" when crafted, i decided to setup a farm after discovering a large patch of mushrooms myself so that people don't have to rely on discovering these rare mushroom caves. Since people fail to respect my house and generosity i'll have to ask people to refrain from entering my farm and instead use the crates i've set up outside in which i will place harvested mushrooms i will harvest myself.

People may use these harvested mushrooms to setup their own private farms and in the event i have not visited the world in a while people may access the farm to harvest shrooms only under the condition that they respect the fact that they must clear hostile mobs first.

Sincerely,
propraetor.

shrooms.jpg

Last edited:

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
stupid idea, but you probably could block enemy spawn by lowering a piston ceiling. no idea if it works, just throwing it out there
That would work. And is a good idea, although a bit expensive depending on the size of the roof.
*Does that to SP world*

Ginger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 29, 2010
I noticed that even standing near the window makes the creepers blow up - Previous experience :L

May 2, 2009
If we are throwing ideas, couldn't you make streams of water flowing on every 3 blocks and make it so that enemies will go with the flow towards cactus hallway and die there. Example of item collector.

T-LOID

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2011
If we are throwing ideas, couldn't you make streams of water flowing on every 3 blocks and make it so that enemies will go with the flow towards cactus hallway and die there. Example of item collector.

Perhaps... if mushrooms can grow in a space that's just 1 block high, no major mobs will spawn (except perhaps spiders), and you can then use a piston floodgate to collect all the new mushrooms from the farm.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The thing is that's not a very efficient way of collecting mushrooms as they spawn slowly and in random directions and i need to keep a bunch of mushrooms where they are so that they can breed again. Plus i don't really have the space under my house for a load of pistons.

Perhaps i can move my farm elsewhere and setup a more sophisticated farm but it all seems like a lot of work when you can just shoot creepers from a distance through window. You can even hit them with swords which send them flying out of detonation range, making sure to back off so that they don't detonate regardless, for the sake of the structure.

At the end of the day none of this is necassery if people would just not carelessly strole into a mob infested room. I've provided the means to clear it but nobody seems to take the necassery level of care.

Last edited: