1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Getting used to Win 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grazr, Oct 12, 2010.

1. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    So as some of you may have noticed i've upgraded my system, and this includes my OS. The thing is the menu's seem rather unintuitive and classic features needlessly hidden behind newer fancier ones.

My problem being i left my computer to download TF2, but Windows 7 decided since i was afk it would pause the download and sleep/standby.

[​IMG]

A lot of you guys have been using this software for a while and i'm hoping you can point me in the direction of where to prevent this as "windwos options" arn't helping much.

2. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    For your sleep problem, go into control panel and look for Power Options. There should be settings to change the times where your computers switches off the display and sleeps.

Yes, 7 has power options for desktops.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Power Option "Change when the computer sleeps"

4. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, thanks Nerd. Funnily enough i had already been on that page...

5. lana

Positive Ratings:
    It's pretty hidden. I didn't actually change it on my own machine until last week.

6. Cerulean

Cerulean L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    protip: you can find most apps / control panel items / etc by typing in the start menu.

e.g. press windows key, type power options, get this:

[​IMG]

7. eyefork

eyefork L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, using the start menu search is a pretty easy way to find old options instead of navigating the new menus. Type in sleep and "Change when the computer sleeps" is the first result.

8. lana

Positive Ratings:
    In addition, the search bar also acts as a run bar. Type in cmd some time.