Gameday XVI

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by MangyCarface, Jul 9, 2008.

1. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    yeah...after the 1st few maps i think we abandoned the map rotation and just started to play the map of whoever requested it 1st

2. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Great. Ya put the new guy in charge and look what happens :p

3. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Honestly, a lot of it was out of my hands. I did screw up in that my network connection cut out halfway through my uploads, so the uploading was late. But all files WERE on the server so idk what happened to the redirect : |. Also I sorta got in trouble with my family at the wrong time and had to jump out of the server before it ended. I apologize to anyone whose map was not played. But AFAIK we did play:
    Stonequarry
    DoxCity
    Frontier
    Aerospace
    Cruise
    Perfection
    Pressure
    Dixie
    I think Haywood, not positive.

So we did manage to get most of the maps in, apologies to those that were skipped in the confusion.

4. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't recall ever seeing Perfection or Cruise. And I stayed the entire time. D:
    Granted, I had to stop for 5 mins to download a map that the server wasn't automatically doing it for me.
    The server kept going to wrong maps. Turbine, 2fort, and the only one that loaded correctly was Frontier for me (only one I didn't have to download)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  5. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was there for perfection, and while I didn't see cruise I wasn't able to stay the whole time this gameday.

6. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    so...uhh...just pointing out, the last time I attended a gameday there was a problem with one redirect
    and apparently that was due to there being capital letters in the name... (i think...)

7. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    yea the redirect kinda messed up with some maps having capital letters. for the next one, i will create a mappack for all maps being played.

this will avoid any confusion with the redirect, and give all members a chance to download the maps before hand.

8. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Also, people who ask "did my map got played"... jezus christ it is YOUR map we guys test for YOU so you should be at least so polite to actually be on the server.
    And play on because we played your map, you play our maps.

9. daemon

daemon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I played all maps but mine :woot:, i think it was the first but couldnt get home earlier hehe.

10. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    For today, I tried to run it, following the list of maps that was posted in this thread, plus haywood, but also minus cagematch because I couldn't find it in the map list. Think everything got about 30 minutes, though there was a redirect issue with cruise that pretty much emptied out the server.

11. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I could not make it due to family obligations (god I hate those)

12. Narkissus

Narkissus L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    What the hell went wrong with the cruise redirect? Was it my fault? There werent any caps in it.

13. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have no idea Narkissus. I just know that when I changed the map, the server wasn't downloading it (or downloading it correctly) to everyone.

14. Lord Ned

Lord Ned L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    What's the filesize of the map?