func_door_rotating gets stuck mid-movement from players touching children brushes.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Startacker!, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Startacker!

aa Startacker! L⛧: Hell's Bells

Positive Ratings:
    So what should be happening is that the orange and glass separators should spin around without being stopped.
    20161209205559_1.jpg

It does work by itself, but it has a tendency to get stuck when a player touches the glass wall, and continuing when they stop touching it.
    Example:
    20161209205604_1.jpg

It doesn't matter which side the player touches, Force Closed and Ignore Debris is enabled on the func_door_rotating, so I don't see why it should stop when opening and closing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hotel Detective

Hotel Detective L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe tie a push trigger forcing the player back away from the wall slightly so they cant touch it?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Startacker!

aa Startacker! L⛧: Hell's Bells

Positive Ratings:
    Yea, surprisingly that works without screwing up the push direction. Not exactly what I was looking for (I was actively trying to avoid pushes), but it works quite well actually!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hotel Detective

Positive Ratings:
    It was just the first thing that popped into my head, there are probably better solutions out there if anyone else can chime in.

5. Tuaam

Tuaam L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    They shouldn't be touching children brushes! Fucking pedophiles. I swear, they should be locked up and given treatment!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hotel Detective

Positive Ratings:
    The man's looking for help, cmon

7. Tuaam

Tuaam L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry.

Shouldn't there be an option that allows moving brushes to force other entities to move?