Fullness, what is this?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
nopexc.jpg

Nope.

(I checked Hydro too. It's not as easy to demonstrate in a still image, but the puddles by the dam — I assume that's what you were referring to — also have reflections that don't move when you WASD around in spectate.)

Riever

L2: Junior Member
Nov 25, 2011
Hi there,

Many thanks for the posts - I had a look at the water and it was described as water (so not expensive?) anyway I switched it to a texture that was described as cheap and then started to get 'leaks' through world brushes. Loading the point map showed the leak going straight through the centre of these. Yet they were tied to the world and had not leaked before.

I could fix them by simply selecting the brush and ctrl-shit-W until I got a leak straight through the sky box (!) trying to fix this the same way caused hammer to crash to desktop repeatedly.

I then went back to a previous save (you would not believe how many I have!) compiled this and checked the lighting, it was fine. I then added the light that caused all the problems, compiled - no problem.

I have now added a load more lights and the water and have no strange black textures at all.

I can only assume that hammer has (once again) corrupted the map.

So can I thank you all for your suggestions, I'm now back on course, but sadly have no idea (other than Hammer currupting things) why I got the error.

Last edited: