CP Frostline

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
LOL WTF

Ok I will always freely admit and explain when I do something stupid, I guess thats from the cafe. I screwed up and uploaded a couple dev versions before selecting uploading the current one, but I wasn't able to come last night so I couldn't stop you guys from playing it.

@Grazr, that screen is really old but my design for stage 2 is kinda terrible I agree. And I broke a visualizer.
I've been trying to maintain certain walktimes as well as follow a design that will no longer work because of other changes. I.E. the original positions for some parts of the cave, or CP B, or stage 2 are now taken up by other areas.

I am going to abandon the tiered spiral idea. The map is turning into a corridor and that is not good. I am abandoning my drawings and making new ones for the second stage. I might not do a third stage. I doubt I will place in the contest but I still want to meet the deadline since my artpass entry was rushed, I don't want to rush this, and I need to do smaller shorter projects, and meet deadlines and whatnot.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
First round plays a lot better, but your outter path to CP2 is problematic in many ways. There's no hurt trigger or player clipping in the out of bounds area and the displacements are really messy. Try and get them to align better so players don't get caught on bumps etc. There's also a lot of props that get in the way here; ie with rocks in the way, areas only let 1 player width pass, so fighting enemies is difficult and linear.

I'd recommend clipping the roof above CP2, it's too much of a defensive advantage for RED, especially on round 1 of a 3 stage map.

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
Map was fun when we played last night! I would suggest a slight tweaking of the BLU spawn to Point A area so that defense focuses more on the area right around the CP rather than the area right next to BLU spawn. Perhaps you could consider adding more metal around the point and removing some from the area that overlooks the spawn. You also need to clip off a couple of the areas above BLU spawn, like the place where a RED engineer built a teleporter that went untouched for a long time.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Map was fun when we played last night! I would suggest a slight tweaking of the BLU spawn to Point A area so that defense focuses more on the area right around the CP rather than the area right next to BLU spawn. Perhaps you could consider adding more metal around the point and removing some from the area that overlooks the spawn. You also need to clip off a couple of the areas above BLU spawn, like the place where a RED engineer built a teleporter that went untouched for a long time.

There already is a lot of metal around the first point. Two full packs and a medium one and iirc there was another one nearby that i didn't even needed.