Five Nights at Freddy 6 is Out on Steam

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Staff Edit: User was warned for this post. Please avoid making "triggered" jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
Oh god I don't think you're allowed to use that here

Shouldn't be acceptable anywhere frankly

Its rude, crude, not even funny or original, and completely insulting and harmful to people who actually deal with ptsd and legitimate triggers. Something that people can live in fear of, being turned into a shitty overused internet joke is horrid

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
Besides that people seem to claim that the game evolves into something else that deviates from the presented gameplay.

But I have to disagree on the games initial presentation, because clearly the game seems to be a "retro" c64 / atati game that would have canonically been released when the restaurant was open, but this notion is thrown away because it doesn't really feel that retro. The font looks to be a low resolution version of that regular font that's shipped with every PC today, and the graphics look to be a blurry mess (And this is an easy fix, mind you).

But hey, It's free so I can't argue about that.

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
Can I just say that I really dislike the trend(?) of disguising a horror game as another type of game.
The only reason DDLC gets a pass for this is because it goes out of the way to tell you that it's a horror game.
This... doesn't, and that just feels hostile to me.

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
Can I just say that I really dislike the trend(?) of disguising a horror game as another type of game.
The only reason DDLC gets a pass for this is because it goes out of the way to tell you that it's a horror game.
This... doesn't, and that just feels hostile to me.
The only game that I can think about which does this would be sonic.exe.

Not alot of games use this sort of mechanic for storytelling.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
738060_screenshots_20171205130038_1.jpg

I love his face

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
The only game that I can think about which does this would be sonic.exe.

Not alot of games use this sort of mechanic for storytelling.

Thief: The dark project - one of my favorite games of all times - does it.

In the second level, you are breaking into a prison to break out your fence. The prison is carved into a mountain with the lower levels consisting of haunted mineshafts. When i first played the game, i just expected a stealth game and didn't know the extent of the occult themes in the game, so it genuinly spooked me when the corpses in the mine suddently rose from the dead and skeletons started throwing their skulls at me.

I can never have that moment again, and i probably just ruined it for some of you, but it's a good reminder that the best horror is the unexpected horror.