Fire retardent suit

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
It's funny because you used a word wrong.

I always assumed that was the medic's job.

Yea, spies are always around backstabbing people when you need him least, medics are never around healing people when you need them most.
Besides, they both tend to backstab me in their own ways.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It doesn't prevent fire, it just reduces the afterburn.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Still burns, just not as long, or so I'm told.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
There were like 3 versions of the suit. Each one had its own ups and downs.

If i can remember it right there was some changes like this:
- reducing all fire damage from the afterburn by 90% and hiding the afterburn.
- Reduced fire damage (like the demoshield) and no afterburn
Ofcourse on diffirent suits for testing and often with variations. They did the same with the blutsauger before. It took over 2 months before that was released after i spotted a test version in a youtube movie.

I actualy do like the suit idea. Giving up your revolver sounds harsh for getting a suit that only protects you against 1 class but the pyro is the main reason you die. Its not that you wont be harmed from fire. Any direct fire hit will still be visible, you will be heared and harmed, its mainly hiding/removing the afterburn that its about. So the pyro is forced to chase you. And thats the job of the pyro, hunt on spies. You get the option to run away with the suit or shoot back with the revolver each having a fair downside.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
The Razorback is not too useless in my opinion, its more of a psychological thing in my opinion. I too thought the razorback was insanely dumb at first, but a sniper who snipes near his team with it on has a low chance of messing with Spies with revolvers, on account of it takes 3 shots to kill the sniper. If the spy isnt good enough to kill the sniper quickly, then they will just pass up the opportunity for the kill, Ive seen.

General_Norris

L2: Junior Member
Nov 16, 2009
I think the suit needs something more to be worth it. Perhaps not flickering when bumping into enemies or something like that.