Few questions on AddOutput

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!
Mar 2, 2018
Does the counter in the end of addoutput set the amount of times the output can be fired or adds to it? I've tested it and it seems to set the amount of times it is fired but then why can't you remove an output by using addoutput with a 0 in the counter parameter?
Also, can you have two nested addoutputs (or more)? meaning having an addoutput input add an output that adds an output? it seems like you can't do that as well.

e.g: The output will only be fired once. (also I am aware of the OnTrigger's output existence this is just an example)
uz08Fh2.png

Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Sorry about the downvote, my phone bugged out and misclicked.

Addoutput does exactly what it sounds like: it adds an output to an entity. AFAIK it cannot be used to modify other outputs in the target entity. So, for example, if you add an output to open a door, then add that same output again, you'll have two separate outputs to open the door, not one output that has been modified, and every time the output fires, the door will be told to open twice (but will actually only open once because an already open door can't open again). In the same token, created outputs can't be deleted. Setting the number of times to fire to 0 won't change the number of times an existing output will fire, but rather creates a new output that fires 0 times (effectively a complicated way of doing nothing).

Mar 2, 2018
Sorry about the downvote, my phone bugged out and misclicked.

Addoutput does exactly what it sounds like: it adds an output to an entity. AFAIK it cannot be used to modify other outputs in the target entity. So, for example, if you add an output to open a door, then add that same output again, you'll have two separate outputs to open the door, not one output that has been modified, and every time the output fires, the door will be told to open twice (but will actually only open once because an already open door can't open again). In the same token, created outputs can't be deleted. Setting the number of times to fire to 0 won't change the number of times an existing output will fire, but rather creates a new output that fires 0 times (effectively a complicated way of doing nothing).
I thought that was the case but after testing it seems like this is wrong..