Farmageddon

PD Farmageddon Release

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
the HUD icon and this car have missing textures for me, just a heads up!

PK5w0Ov.png

dbh3tCl.png

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
this is also just some feedback from running around alone, but since the water drowns you in the underworld, maybe it'd be best to remove the passive damage from before the water rises? would make the underworld more like Cursed Cove which I feel like plays better as a combat area because of it.

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
Cursed Cove has camping issues due to the lack of normal underworld damage. Due to how much points heal, it's rather easy to out heal the base underworld damage in this map. Water hurts more than the normal underworld to balance things out and make sure players have to leave and can't just camp there.

As for the missing textures, I'm not sure why the truck's stuff is missing but apparently icons tend to not pack even when set to do so manually. I've talked to Void, maker of monster bash, about this and they said it's a normal bug. Thanks for the feedback though :D

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
-detailing
-optimization
-pumpkin monster model has been cut back (lost the stem)
-scarecrow models stand out from the background more
-added custom announcer
-changed morice's lines and voice
-added 3d skybox
-added respawnroom visualizers to underworld as a way to try and stop camping the enterance
-removed unintended custom textures
-haybales are now less phallic
-other things

Read the rest of this update entry...

pont

huh? wuh?
aa
Mar 15, 2018
placing HUD materials on overlays or brushes in the map somewhere will ensure automatic packers include them. since HUD stuff typically has $ignorez, they'll need to be placed out of bounds facing away from the gameplay space somewhere.

alternatively you could put them in a small box disconnected from the gameplay space entirely to ensure they're never rendered anyway - just be sure to put a point entity like a light inside this box too so vbsp doesn't cull it.

you can check packing by setting sv_pure to 2 before loading the map (or return to menu, use 'flush' to clear the cache, and then set sv_pure).