Go big or go home!
GO BIG OR GO HOME
Initial test revealed an issue with the power core physboxes not being removed correctly. Fixed for alpha 2
All the huge nerds these days seem to be making RD variants. Looks very interesting, can't wait to play.
If that were true, then why don't you have an RD variant?
Go big or go home
Oh shit is that that massive industrial saw thing that actually exists?
Looking good. Nice, clearly-defined capture area.
"Heavyweaponsguy has captured The Giant Medigun!"
No. The bagger 288 is like 5x the size, probably bigger.
map is super simple currently, need to get waaay more variation in here
Where actually were the cores? I didn't see them at all.
They were in the rockets. The idea was you were collecting whatevers to fill the core. Then the core would be placed into the rocket by some big mechanism (omitted from first versions because effort) then there would be X seconds for the losing team to steal it from the team that filled theirs first and shove it in their own rocket.
Not sure I'll keep this at all for the new version.
After I saw such a machine in a documentary I was thinking that Bucket Wheel excavators fit the TF2 Universe, see someone had such an idea as well. The Brushworks look well fit for gameplay.
Played a5 in today's imp:
- Entirely new layout
- Removed one point, scaled up the remaining extractor
- Added RD's core mechanic
- Slowed core drop rate
- Increased max points to 300 from 200
- Reduced respawn wave time to 6 seconds
Works loads better than the previous version, plenty of things to change still. Definitely on the right track for something fun
It'll be a model eventually. Just want it to spin so that people don't complain when it kills them.
Also plenty of changes ready for another imp tonight:
- Reduced core return time from 60 to 30 seconds
- Upped core drop rate slightly
- Reduced respawn wave time to 5 seconds
- Increased size of spawns
- New route from spawn towards the reactor core
- New balcony in reactor core room
- Crawlspace underneath excavator
- Excavator cabin now accessible
- Bucket wheel now rotates
- Fixed ammo/health patches to match standards
We did a8 tonight
- Worked around Valve's hardcoded flag return time for RD so that lower return time actually takes effect (20s)
- Upped core drop rate
- Reduced respawn wave time to 4 seconds
- Cores no longer fall off the extractor
- Fixed respawn room brush not covering entire spawn room
- Added conveyor route to reactor core
a9 saw some testing tonight, one time it went great, the other time there seemed to be massive physbox leakage. I'll have to investigate that.
- Capture zone now works like normal except:
- Captures revert to neutral after 5 seconds
- Capturing triggers a burst of 25 cores to be released
- Reduced max points to 200 to accomodate new capture method
- Nobuild over entire conveyor route
- Railings around excavator are now nonsolid to bullets/projectiles
- Respawn wave time to 6 seconds
- Reduced volume of core pickup sounds
So ignoring all the disdain towards the mid rock mess and conveyor route, what did people think of the new capture method? Is capping, getting a burst of points then resetting better than continuous points for standing on the point?
Separate names with a comma.