Event ideas?

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
You raise some good points Grazr. For the next mini contest, I'll make sure everyone has advance notice that it's going to happen, so there will be adequate prep time. And on the day it starts, the rules will be posted. As for the podcast, I can get the ball rolling on that. I definitely wanna have something this coming weekend though, so it could be a little bit before our first actual casting. I think a general 'frag your fellow mappers' would be a good opportunity to get ideas and volunteers for the cast as well.

ChronoTriggerFan

L420: High Member
Feb 3, 2008
Me and AOD_fcm420 (formally known as efciem here) were playing around with Acrobat Connect, which can let people see what your doing on your computer, like mapping, and it even worked while playing tf2. Building off Arhurt's idea of doing contest as instructional tools, we could have a time where one shares what they are mapping for a set period of time, and people could join in and examine the process.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
That looks amazing CTF.

I recommend people check out the demo, which is a video explaining what it can do.

Though, you have to buy it.. and everyone must have it to use these functions.

This could probably be one of the best ways for the more experienced mappers to show what and how they do what they do, to others that wish to learn. Short of a youtube instructional video.

Though it is probably best for.. creative and constructional tips, rather than i/o setups and the like, which would probably remain better left to being examined in articles in ones own time frame.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Some stuff
Heads up! Theres another contest on the way, all details TBC

:laugh:

All discussion is pointing towards it being mapping related, and its a biggie too. I was hoping to get it all written up and have the rules posted tomorrow for people to start but you've kind of put me off, I can't understand why you need much of a heads up if you've got a long enough deadline:confused:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
grazr said:
a heads up of a competition would allow people to better time manage their undertakings when they can expect the workload ahead of them. To be able to perform in both the competitions and their own projects, as well as with life things.

grazr said:
I understand that ultimately the competitions are for fun and encouraging the production of custom material in the community, but the competitions seem somewhat open and hairy.

grazr said:
Hopefully this will produce fairer results too.

I'm still not sure what you don't get by what i meant. It's not for me personally but for everyone in the community who may be otherwise occupied at the start of a "sudden" competition.

Last edited: