L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Okay you've made your point. (laughing)

Feb 14, 2008
Hey guys did you hear Drunken F00l got banned

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Since when was Hightower a single stage PLR map? Also, the inevitable question - is it Dario Casali's map?

Also, what up with this?
whatupwithdat.png

3 meanings: Valve has higher-res sentry models; the downside to the moveable sentry is related to the sentry itself; or it's part of the Wrangler.

Nice find. Though they may just be updating the sentry model, like what they did for the sniper model.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
It looks like Hightower is a single stage. Pipeline was made where it's logical as to how the carts advanced to each new stage (all of them are connected). But this one seems to be single stage because of where the cart starts. And there's not really much of a show of any of the other stages.

And I want a single stage plr anyway. I mean, Stage 3 of panic should become official. Just stage 3.

Also, it is not Dario's. Dario's is the map shown in that transporting-the-sentry picture. And it's pl.

I'm pumped for this update because there are at least two new maps, and probably Dario's and maybe another one.
That means four maps that I can clipcheck and send to Riller for Valve to fix. >.>

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I suspect they're just giving the Sentry model a touch-up. That same little red light is in the level-one, so it probably just carries over now through the upgrade process.

Oh no! The extended exposition to this mysterious Australium turned Radigan into an Australian!

On the contrary exposition is the one thing Valve never puts on their blog. ;)

Last edited:

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Also, it is not Dario's. Dario's is the map shown in that transporting-the-sentry picture. And it's pl.

I'm pumped for this update because there are at least two new maps, and probably Dario's and maybe another one.
That means four maps that I can clipcheck and send to Riller for Valve to fix. >.>

So we're talking three new pl based maps here? That seems like quiet a lot for a single update... I have a feeling that photo is from a earlier section of upward or an unshown angle of hightower.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So we're talking three new pl based maps here? That seems like quiet a lot for a single update...

Well, we've got how many official Control Point maps now? Three assault and three symmetrical, and three community maps of each type as well. So far this update brings us to three Payload and two Payload Race maps, plus no community maps for either mode.

Also when Arena mode came out, we got five maps for it at once (although only two were totally original).

KarmaPolice

L3: Member
Jul 25, 2009
Well, we've got how many official Control Point maps now? Three assault and three symmetrical, and three community maps of each type as well. So far this update brings us to three Payload and two Payload Race maps, plus no community maps for either mode.

Um, Hoodoo?